Eldabyss: Eternal Night - Devlog Forum

EldabyssEternalNightLogo-1.png

Eldabyss: Eternal Night is a spinoff metroidvania game to the Eldabyss series, reminiscent of games like Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Blapshemous, developed by Fleshed Out Interactive.

You follow the vampiric android Ebic Lamphart once more, much later in his life at the age of 28. An occultist named Baraqiel has decided to follow in the tracks of Esca and has risen a shapeshifting castle from the void into the Earth. It’s down to the Lamphart clan once more to end this havoc.

Ebic immediately looks different in this iteration of Eldabyss; he sports a red twilight cloak this time around and lacks a hood. Rather than operating with the force of psych, you’ll be getting your way with the force of vampirism and swordplay instead.

Take multiple forms, collect relics, spells, swords, explosives, potions, and various other goodies to help your wellbeing. Carry a variety of subweapons on your offhand to defend yourself further and to destroy Baraqiel’s armies. Manifest vampiric abilities into stylish slides, jumps, levitations, and attacks and so much more as you navigate and reach the top of the castle.

Can you act the villain to become the hero of this story? The choice is yours.

14 Likes

Yo wth how are your sprites so dang good! Theyre like simplistic but detailed at the same time. I’ve also never seen a metroidvania on flowlab before, so this is interesting

5 Likes

Man, this looks even better than the last game! Some of the coolest games are being developed this year.

3 Likes

We have a few good ones on here. This one looks very promising, though! Can’t wait to see more @extrez

3 Likes

I see there are new users around, but anyway…this game looks cool and I wish you good luck.

5 Likes

Thank you! It’s my first time making a metroidvania so don’t expect something magnificent, but I promise I’ll at least bring you guys something decent lol :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ahahahaha I’ve kind of been here for a while. Just tend not to make a massive presence here lol

4 Likes

1:

To start things off with a bang, why don’t I let you guys test what I have so far before I lock the game? It’ll likely be a few weeks from now, so you have plenty of time to adjust yourselves.

Check it out!

10 Likes

MEEEEE lol

I haven’t seen you before I believe

2 Likes

Oh, I was talking about the other new users. But this game seems cool, when your done with the game, I could probably do a theory on it.

3 Likes

This game is nice already. I can’t wait until it comes out.

5 Likes

I like the artwork! Not a big fan of having to use the space bar to jump but that’s fine. :rofl:

4 Likes

2:

Ebic’s bat form has been added! You can push E to alternate. It is thankfully, not breakable like most of my work

5 Likes

Okay, I like it so far. I think making the movement more snappy and responsive would help the game feel more dynamic and give the player more options, but otherwise this is a great start.

5 Likes

There’s a reason it feels that way; I just fixed the bugs of course, but naturally, while he is a vampire, he’s still affected by gravity. The bat has a hard time flying upwards because gravity is working against him, whereas an easier time flying downwards because gravity is working with him. It’s mostly to maintain realism :wink:
Or did you mean something else?

5 Likes

I can’t jump anymore. I landed in the jumping animation.

2 Likes

Fall to a lower point and you should be good. I’m still yet to figure out why that is and I’ll fix it once I do…
You could also turn to Bat real quick and then turn back.

4 Likes

The vampire’s jump feels a little floaty, like he is moving in slow motion. The bat feels good as is so I have no complaints there.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s intended. He’s more rather gliding downwards than falling. But I agree, he could feel a little heavier tbh

4 Likes

3:

The Castle Entryway zone is being worked on, and breakable walls have been added! You swing at these until the area is open. Various minor animation, mechanic, and sound improvements as well

3 Likes