Elevator

It only works sometimes

you have to wait for the door to close. for me it worked 10/10 times

I’ll try again

It works but I want it to go up at a steady pace and stop at the second floor

ok let me work on it. and for a steady pace do you also mean going down.

if you don’t care how it goes down, do this( it still goes down slowly if the player is still in it while holding w)

I want it to go down at a steady pace too please

i can’t get it working yet.

ok

Did you get it working yet?

i get it working up , but it almost always stops at the wrong spot and and glitches into the ground. see if you can get it working(make it not affected by gravity so you can control it without gravity pushing it down)

ok, ill try

It doesn’t glitch through the ground for me, but I want it to where I don’t have to hold down W. Maybe where I can press the up arrow key and it smoothly goes up then stops and when you get back in it smoothly goes down and then stops. Kind of like the elevator in PixelPizza’s game “Stacey”.

can you look at the elevators code and see what you can take from it? I’m eating so i’ll look later

ok

It is very complicated, so I couldn’t really get anything from it

i don’t think it should be complicated for yours though

i’ll see

Ok, thanks

Coming as requested.
Hi, have you looked at how the elevator in “Stacey” works?

As always, there are many solutions and approaches for one outcome.
But overall, here’s how I did mine:
A simple movable rectangle object detects if the player is above it (using a “fake proximity” bundle that compares it’s own x and y and the players’) - if it is, it turns on a switch that will allow the player to press the action button to start the elevator.

If you would like to look at how I did my elevator, you can see “Stacey” here: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1387250

Hope it helps :slight_smile: