Enemy Sight Example/Save Position Example

People need this lol

@grazer maybe add this to the tutorial page???

3 Likes

I also have an example that can save many positions: Flowlab Game Creator - Bits!

2 Likes

Both of those are already in the example page, very common examples

1 Like

No, they are not there.

No checkpoint example or enemy example?

2 Likes

Yes, but none of them can save and list positions from emitted objects.

1 Like

Im thinking of having a sandbox game or so thing but f you save t saves all the positions of all the blocks, and when loading a saved world it will save everything you’ve done

1 Like

also the enemy sight example seems a little broken for me, he doesn’t follow you he just flys around every where

2 Likes

I haven’t played them yet, but looking at the description it seems @00T_Free is right. There are already examples for both of these on the home page, but good work!

2 Likes

No go near him and he will follow you, its the classic patrol routine:
They walk around and you’re near their proximity they will chase you

2 Likes

Yeah I did but he just kind of goes left and right not directly towards you

1 Like

Oh yeah Ik that, I was focusing on his sight not his movement, those are from other examples

1 Like

oh ok well keep up the good work :+1:

1 Like

I have a system where when the player is within proximity of someone, they run away in the opposite direction as if fleeing. If you need that.

3 Likes

That would be interesting but all i have to do is just either reverse the connections or the equations. it wouldn’t be that for me but if I do run into a problem i’ll look at yours.

Alright, I know In my one game, The Heuchler, I have both enemies that flee and come at you when you get within proximity. Although its not exactly in example form so giving the game out to people would be quite difficult for them to figure out, but if anyone wants to, they are free to look it over.

How would I reset the position to the original only when a button is clicked? (this is for a ‘new game’ section in a menu)

1 Like

Well maybe use 2 numbers and set them as the X and Y pos. Then make those numbers the position you spawned in like 1/1 or something, some messages and mailboxes and mouseclicks and it should work. I will make an example for u

Use save behaviors instead

1 Like

I did lol look at the save example