Exporting with save barely works!

I recently added a high score system but now you have to extract the ZIP which I understand but windows defender blocks it EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TRY TO OPEN IT! When you leave the game and go to the extracted file it still says you have to extract!

Also will the exporting finally be exe? Because I would love to upload on steam from flowlab (not any of my current games) but it is not possible right now because of the export structure.

2 Likes

I think you can export to steam, JR has a tutorial for it I believe (on mobile rn so I can’t find the link for you)

1 Like

You have to extract the game to save, saving will not work if you run the game while it is still in a zip. Anything that’s not licensed with Microsoft will pull up that error, you have to click “More Info” and then click “Run Anyway” for the app to run on Windows.

If you’re uploading to steam the zip file itself would be used I think.

1 Like

The problem is that the extracted file still asks to extract even though it is already. Also I have a game posted on itch and I don’t think people would really trust it since my old version didn’t have any issue but I think it will be fine!

1 Like

When you extract a zip file, you will have the zip and unzipped version of the folder.
Also, could you share the folder/itch here too? As well have you thought about making it embed to make it run on the itch page?

1 Like