Fireball.io 2 - new update log

Likes wise I has a good story to it and the way u moved to fire was amazing

1 Like

Is that the underground part? The story should progress as you keep pressing enter, I’ll check it out soon.

2 Likes

Yes its the underground part, i wasnt pressing enter a whole bunch so that might have been it

1 Like

Yea its the underground part so great 10/10

1 Like

Ok it works i just wasnt hitting enter, suggestion, have something saying to hit enter so the player doesnt get stuck

1 Like

New update - Checkpoints

To make progressing easier, I made additional checkpoints in each sector! Here’s how the system works:

• Reaching a specified level within each sector will create a “halfway checkpoint”, which can later be accessed by using the purple door in the main menu.
  • The purple door will only save ONE level. Reaching another checkpoint level will replace the old level with the new one.
  • The purple door ONLY saves halfway checkpoints. The numbered doors on the right side of the main menu still serve as the main checkpoints.
  • The current halfway checkpoints are as follows: The Wasteland (Sector 1), Invisible Pathway (Sector 2), Prison Escape II (Sector 3).

Feel free to give me feedback and suggestions on this new system.

Gameplay updates

• Boss redesign: Reworked D.D.M’s sprite, animations, and attacks.

• Updated Joanne’s Garden background & cinematics.

• Added new wind UI during Section 3’s quick-time event and during Cain’s first appearance.

9 Likes

New Update: Classic Mode Upgrade

Since Dystopian World has just been the better mode in this game, I wanted to give players a reason to play Classic as well. So, I gave it a complete overhaul!

• Backgrounds and BGM upgraded for levels 1,2 and 3. Classic mode is now fantasy themed instead of dystopic.
  • Added sound effects to give interactions more life.
  • Added a secret item to the first level: “freeze”, which will temporarily freeze most enemies on the map for 10 seconds (except rocketships).
  • Made several changes to LV3, although the fundamentals remain the same. Added “Executioner” mini boss to the level (first boss in classic mode), with a unique survival mechanic. Bosses in Classic are defeated differently compared to bosses in Dystopian World.

Here are a few screenshots from the new & improved classic mode:

4 Likes

New Update - Section 4 (Part 1)

Hey everyone, I’m back again with a brand new update! I’m particularly excited to share this one, as I’ve finally started building Dystopian World’s final section.

Updates to pre-existing levels

• Section 1 now has new lore which provides background information about how this world came to be, as well as more insight on who the Dark Guardians really are.
  • In the Defense level in Section 1, teleporters now show you whether or not it’s safe to enter by changing their colors. However, the spider robots can now jump over boxes.
  • Pre-existing lore has been changed to be consistent with the overall story, including those of the bosses in sections 2 and 3.
  • Graphics and music upgrades for all sections.

Section 4 Update
There are 4 new levels in this update, which can be accessed by defeating Cain (the 3rd boss).

• Level 4-1: A standard platformer level where you must kill as many enemies as you can to upgrade your ability.
  • Level 4-2: A level almost entirely dedicated to lore, you can find up to 4 documents to read in the first half of the building. Be advised that some documents may discuss mature subjects.
  • Level 4-3: A very difficult level where you must prove your worth to fight the Dark Guardian Leader.
  • Level 4-4: Here you will encounter the first boss of section 4, Sicarius the Squid Monster. Since attacks can’t damage him, you must find another way to defeat him.

squidmonster

This will be the longest and most difficult section in the game, so there will be more than 1 checkpoint. As always, feel free to check out any of the levels and provide feedback on gameplay (or other) aspects! :slight_smile:

6 Likes