FLOWCON 2021 - Updates

Here, I will post all updates for FlowCon 2021, up until the event begins on December 18th, 2021.

Stay tuned, Flowlabbers. :radio:

7 Likes

UPDATE 1:

• FlowCon 2021 invitations have begun. This process will continue on for the months leading up to the big event. Invitations will halt on October 31st, 2021.
4 Likes

I’m omega hype!

Also I’m not entirely sure of some details though, if you get selected, then do you work on a game and submit it for flowcon at the end date or something and get interviewed over it? I’m not entirely sure if the idea since I never actually participated in something like this.

Another question is if I could submit already existing games, but polish an update them before the date?

Just some thoughts I had for Flowcon.

4 Likes

FlowCon is just like E3 - whether the game has been announced or not, if it passes a certain size threshold, and meets a polish requirement, it can be featured.

FlowCon would be a great place to announce new games, because you have a preset large audience to watch while it happens live.

It’s also a great place to show off trailers or gameplay trailers, as it gets more people looking in your direction.

5 Likes

This is going to be awesome, I’ve already been hyped up on discord and can’t wait!

Like I said in DMs, I’ll update you if anything pops up!

4 Likes

I am excited for this FlowCon this year! I completely missed the previous one because I didn’t realize it existed until it had already ended (plus, I didn’t have Discord back then).

I just received the invitation for it, though I haven’t responded yet because I am still in school. I am still not sure if I will participate in the end, though, because I probably won’t be around during late December due to medical reasons.

Either way, I am excited for this event and can’t wait for it!

3 Likes

How do you receive invitations?

2 Likes

In my case, he just DM’d me a link to the Google Doc.

2 Likes

DM’d here or on Discord?

1 Like

DM’d on the Flowlab Forum.

2 Likes

Pretty sure everyone can participate in the event, the invitations are to showcase your huge project during the event, like E3.

2 Likes

Invitations are sent directly. Members who receive invitations are the ones chosen to be a part of the event. If everyone could participate, it would become too long :man_shrugging:

The invitations haven’t ended, though. They will continue to be sent out for months to come

4 Likes

I meant everyone will be able to watch the stream and the invitations being to present your project E3 style over the stream.

Oh, well of course! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. To clarify, I was not asking to be invited, I was only asking for the method by which I would receive an invitation. It’s not like anybody here knows my Discord.

1 Like

Nobody usually does for me, I’m just in the flowlab discord server (there’s two).

I’ll most likely not be on for the rest of the day, I have a league meet for track and it will last from 12pm to 9pm EST.

1 Like

I tracked members down via the Flowjam discord and Flowlab discord. If I couldn’t find them, or they were not active very often, then I messaged them on the forums

2 Likes

Wait, there’s a flowlab Discord?

1 Like

Both servers can be found in this post:

The flowjam server is a lot more active though.

Or here:

2 Likes