FlowFx - Make Particles in Flowlab!

@PixelPizza and @JR01 this looks incredible, how the two of you developed an entire system using FlowLab is unbelievable. I am impressed beyond comprehension, and I agree with @MelloJello you are wizards for figuring out the “color picking thingy”!

4 Likes

Thank you! @Bmarzi We appreciate it! :grin:
We also had the help of the amazing @TinkerSmith and @ grazer for the color picker. It was indeed a challenge.

4 Likes

No one is awake to witness this x)

3 Likes

This is amazing! I’ve been in need of some particle effects for Nightfall! and I’ve already easily created a sweet rising bubbles effect. Can’t wait to put it into place. Kudos to @PixelPizza @JR01 and all involved for creating something spectacular.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 9.04.04 AM

4 Likes

What an incredible project! I wouldn’t hesitate to call this a bit of a milestone for what can be done in Flowlab. Truely an impressive tool that will no doubt be utilized in the upcoming Summer Flowjam.

2 Likes

@Agent_Y Ahahah yeah, I had to post in my morning because I have to work in the afternoon (US morning)

@todorrobot Thanks! I’m glad you are finding it useful :blush:

@Greggo Yes! Thank you, I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone put this tool to use and unleash the beast in the Summer Flowjam eheh :sunny:

6 Likes

This looks amazing! Still figuring out stuff, but it’s amazing something like this exists on the Flowlab platform! Good job, you guys, this is crazy

4 Likes

Can’t wait to try it out when I’m off of vacation, looks good!

2 Likes

Thank you @rcreger @00T_Free !
Don’t forget there is a video+text tutorial on the home page of the System - you can access it by clicking on the (?) button.

Youtube video:

8 Likes

I made a little fire effect that looks more retro than the given example. The fire isn’t actually white. It just looks that way because of a screenshot bug.

I gotta say, this is a really handy tool! Thanks, @JR01 and @PixelPizza ! You guys rock!

3 Likes

That looks great! Nice use of FlowFx :smiley:
We are glad you like it!

4 Likes

Hey, I’m having an issue with loading it. I click on the link and it starts loading then about 35% of the way it just turns black and does nothing.

Btw, amazing job!

1 Like

Hey, so the game doesn’t load for you?
What browser/device are you using?

3 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t load.
I’m using Chrome on a Mac.

2 Likes

Hmm weird. I just tested it and it loaded just fine. Not sure what could be the issue.
Verify your internet connection and try again?
If it freezes again, could you open the console and take a screenshot if there is any error in there?

3 Likes

I tried restarting my computer and checking my internet and it still won’t load.

The console has a bunch of errors like: Index out of range, object does not belong to this context, and context lost.

Edit: Checked safari and it loads to halfway and then just stays stuck.

Edit Edit: It works on safari now.

2 Likes

Could you attach a screenshot, please? I don’t have a mac I can test on.

Hey @grazer, do you mind looking at this issue when you have the time? Thanks in advance.

(I’m glad it’s working on Safari now, feel free to share what you create with our Particle System :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

It’s working now so I can’t send a picture of the console.
It’s also happened to me before on the game Tread.

I think it’s just big games make it to hard to load.

Thanks for trying to help!

2 Likes

Blood/Liquid Preset

Particle ID

7 1 0 360 1 5 0 0 0 -20 20 0 -9 9 0 -9 9 4 3 3 100 0 1 56 99 1 36 0 0 0 1 61 161 0 100 1 38 0 100 0 0 0 64 100 0 0 0 77

Spawner ID

2 1 0 -20 20 0 -20 20

5 Likes

Hey grazer, you should add this to the help section

2 Likes