FlowFx - Make Particles in Flowlab!

There should be a sub-category under “examples”, titled–“JR_01 and PixelPizza”.

It’s be so helpful!–Aside from the fact that, all of the examples are already made by JR_01 and PixelPizza (sorry Grazer).

2 Likes

Mac is known to have low RAM, so it’s likely that the browser failed before getting to load the game.

4 Likes

Mine did the same thing except it loaded the entire thing then the tab kinda crashed. I don’t know if it was because I went to a different tab while it loaded and caused it to freeze up or what, but it’s certainly a huge project, lol.

2 Likes

does the same thing for me, honestly… my iPad works better with it than my Mac.

2 Likes

How do I put that in my game? If I’m allowed to, I would like to create a better blood effect for the enemies in Halo: Flowlab Evolved and Noob Saibot in Taile Gamougg: Noob.

2 Likes

3:06 for importing particle effects into your game

Before that, it tells you how to copy and paste the bundles, connect some stuff, and yeah.

3 Likes

I was mia for a little while and this comes out looks super nice

4 Likes

Looks nice ive been trying to create something like that for my flowjam game

4 Likes

Hey everyone! :wave:
It’s been a while since we released the FlowFx, so we would love to have your thoughts and feedback overall.

Link just in case: FlowFX - Particle System

Please vote on the polls below to help us know the result of our work and see if we can improve anything :slight_smile:

Have you used FlowFx to make particles in your game?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Is it easy to make different particles in Flowfx?
  • It’s child’s play
  • I can use it, after learning a bit
  • It can be confusing to use
  • I don’t know what I’m doing

0 voters

If one thing could be changed, improved, or added, what would it be?
(leave a comment)

8 Likes

Is there an option where it doesn’t load for your device, lol.
The project is so big it takes forever to load.

2 Likes

One thing I think would be a great addition would be to have random X/Y movement. Example:

Leaves blowing in the wind does not flow in a straight line, but flows with the wind, and changes the Y direction randomly. I feel this could be used for several different particles

Another thing could be adding shaders, cuz why not lol

5 Likes

Hmm are you using a pc or mobile?

3 Likes

Yeah! Random X/Y is a nice suggestion, it was on the to-do list but the other movement options had a higher priority.

Shaders would be nice, but since we can’t stack shaders, it would probably not work correctly, plus it could break someone’s game if they were already using shaders.

6 Likes

There you go, I’m this topics 20th like :grin:

2 Likes

The particle creation system is fun and intuitive. I look forward to trying to put my own shapes into the emitters.

The export process is a little convoluted, but after a few times I’m sure it will be easy. You have to really get your particle right or you have to keep editing and pasting new setting #s I had to go back to the tutorial while I was in the middle of making my fix, and had to open it in another window to get to the youtube link (though I found it easier to read the text instructions). Maybe a link to tutorial in the builder window too?

Seems to work as a proof of concept in my game but I haven’t put the effect into its final function. It will hopefully play an integral part in the late game.

FlowFx is quite the accomplishment. It’s a great extension for Flowlab. Great work for sure!

7 Likes

flowlab particle system

3 Likes

@todorrobot Yeah, the export process could be better, but we’re dependant on a flowlab update that allows us to import/copy bigger amounts of text.

Adding the tutorial to the engine itself is a nice idea too, and shouldn’t be too hard.

thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

@Jaiden_Yabuki Ahahah thanks, I appreciate it

@LMTPE Yeah, It’s trying to be

5 Likes

Make it so it works on my iMac without showing a black screen and never loads :slight_smile: :+1:

I don’t have an iMac, and I don’t think JR has one either. So if you and @ManiacPumpkin want to help us and test it on those devices, your help is more than welcome :slight_smile:

Y’all can message me here or on Discord: Samuel Tomé#9035

3 Likes

I don’t know what there is to say and help with, it’s not a game bug. It’s a flowlab bug or iMacs just can’t run larger projects like these on flowlab. :man_shrugging: