Flowjam 2020 - Summer Jam Announcement

This is the official announcement of Flowjam 2020: Summer Jam!

https://flowlab.io/flowjam2020_summer

What’s Flowjam?
Flowjam is a contest where everyone gets a limited time (two weeks) to create a complete game from start to finish, based around a single theme.

The Flowjam 2020 Summer Jam will begin on July 7th, 2020, and submissions will close on July 21st, 2020.

Come join the Flowjam Discord Channel or the Flowjam 2020 Forum thread to discuss ideas, encourage each other, ask questions, or whatever else.

What’s the theme?
The theme will be announced at 11:30 pm EST on July 06, 2020, thirty minutes before the Flowjam 2020 Summer Jam kicks off.

What can I win?
The winning game developer will win their choice of either a PS4, XBox One, or Nintendo switch game console.

Note: Nintendo Switch (and Switch Lite) consoles are currently out of stock at most suppliers. This means that there may be an additional delay to ship this console.

The winning game will also be featured on the Flowlab home page.

Why should I participate?
Making games is fun! Also, this is a chance to challenge yourself to try new ideas, improve your skills, and possibly win a new console.

Who can enter?
Anyone, from anywhere. Feel free to collaborate and help each other, but only one prize will be awarded. Entrants outside the U.S. will be responsible for any Customs or other fees incurred.

The Rules
Your game can include any art or music you have legal permission to use, but anything not created by you during the jam should be listed in the game’s description.
Don’t create your game until the contest starts - on July 07, 2020 - the game creation time is listed under each game.
Submissions will be closed on July 21, 2020 at midnight EST
Although all entrants can vote on the game submissions, Grazer will have the final say on the official winner.
Only games created using Flowlab can be submitted
No purchase necessary - free accounts are welcome and encouraged to submit games!

Judging Criteria
Use of theme How well the game adhered to and used the theme
Game Design How interesting are the game mechanics
Fun How fun the game is to play
Polish How finished does the game feel
Creativity How unique are the graphics, the mechanics, and the overall design
Aesthetics How does the game look and sound
Good Luck!

I can’t wait!

hey grazer I have a question is there a minimum age limit to participate?

No minimum age, @glithctyrus

great

I hope I win this time! A Tale of Light and Darkness was okay, but basic. Now, I have gotten two times better than I was at flowlab and I hope this time I can proove it!

@grazer … The training has begun :smirk:

But also may the best flowjamer win.

(whips out 3 notebooks)COMERE BOY

I may participate in this

yes

Good luck everyone

pixil-frame-0

It’s “feeling” lol

I have work and college especially this summer, so hopefully I’ll be able to get something in.

i really want a PS4 or a nintendo switch but its IMPOSSIBLE
:anguished: :dissapointed_relieved:

@KA11561 no its not actually to win you just have to follow the rules and hope grazer and everyone else like it and have to make it in the time frame given(two weeks)(ps your at mercy unity game jams give you 48 hours or two days)

wait @grazer do you have to like sign up or just make the game?

I will enter just for fun

@glithctyrus - you just make a game (don’t click the create game button until after the jam starts). The Flowjam page will get a “submit game” button after it starts.

ok

i’m ready! i’m ready! i’m ready!

the banner for the summer jam is really cool grazer!