Flowjam 2021 Official Announcement! 📢

'Not what you had said earlier but alright :+1:

1 Like

I’m quite surprised on how off-topic this discussion has become. We need to be more on track. (Although partially of it was my fault)

Anyway since I got kicked out of school for two weeks, I hope you guys plan for a really fun game since I have a lot of free time on my hands. Not entirely sure what I plan for this year, but I actually do plan on submitting my game. In the past two years I never submitted anything since after looking at the other contestants games, I just kinda gave up, but this year I plan on coming top five (Even top 100 would do, lol)

1 Like

I love how he treats getting suspended for 2 weeks like a good thing

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think I will be participating this Flowjam. I haven’t participated in the previous jams either. I would like to say “good luck” to everyone who are participating in the Flowjam. If you’re curious, there are a few reasons why I won’t participate this time.

1. School - I am still in that age where I have to go to school, and even in the midst of quarantine, they don’t hold back on the homework. There just would be too much work for me to do during the Flowjam.
  2. My Game-Making Pace - I can only really make a decent looking game after 3 months of work. Two weeks is only enough to make the player, some enemies, and very little animations. It takes even longer for the game to be finished (Pixel Sports has thus far been in development for nearly 2 years and is still not done).

But even if I don’t participate in the Flowjam, I am ready to see some of the games that you guys will be making, and I am excited to play them. Good luck to everyone who will take part in the Flowjam!

2 Likes

@GalaxianGames Man, I was hoping to see what you would come up with. Your games are really interesting.

3 Likes

I’ll probably take part in the Summer Jam, if there will be one (if it takes place in Midsummer and not late summer). Again, not certain if I will do it due to reason 2.

1 Like

@grazer Hey, can we get a hint about the theme?

how did you get kicked out of school? just curious.

1 Like

Actually I wasn’t suspended, I was quarantined from the school. At first I thought that it sucks, but I’m starting to find many of the good things about it, lol.

1 Like

He probably uses a genre/theme generator on google, lol.

1 Like

lol, he probably does.

1 Like

Oh. Yeah, I’m finding online school to be better in every way.

1 Like

Oh yeah!! a flowjam!

Well, I hope grazer doesn’t use the one I did, cuz there’s a chance we get the theme from the sans jam

1 Like

I would be very sad if that happens. I would just copy and paste my game, lol.

1 Like

I would do the exact same. But, if we let grazer know not to go to that website it shouldn’t happen (or less chances)

1 Like

I have such a cool idea for the Flowjam but it all depends on the theme so I’m anxious :joy:

I should be able to work with any theme though.

I have literally no idea what I’ll be doing; but I’m certainly looking forward to getting my imagination running again. Recently I’ve just been writing the stories for my planned games and nothing new; so Flowjam’s gonna be really fun for me haha

5 Likes

I am going to start a YT channel, and my first 4 vids are going to be of the flowjam

1 Like

Great way to get the community to grow further, as well! =D