Flowjam entry art from the winter 2023 flowjam ˋ( ° ▽、° )

Hey! ヾ( •ω•`)o
So I’m alive… I think… I don’t know, finals still have me one foot in the grave and it’s kinda cozy in there.

Anyways, why am I showing my ugly mug around here again?
Well, around the time the last Flowjam ended, I started a small project where I wanted to do some art for some of the game entries I liked.
This, of course, went out of control as I then wanted to make art for every entry.
All 52 of them

6 months have passed
I am done

AAUUGRUHGHRUHHAAAAAAaaaaand I am finally done. εミ(ο __)ο ᵖᵒᵒᵐᶠ

So I got a lot I want to say, a lot I want to share, but it’s gonna be a bit long, so here’s the short of it before the long.

It’s been a blast to make this, I had support from tons of people and I would have burnt out and never finished this without them, so here’s a thank you to every person who ever gave me encouragement or just said they liked my art.

I hope the people who participated enjoy what I’ve made. It’s been really fun and I’m glad it’s over.
o( ̄▽ ̄)d

The long

So I started this during school and I also had to make the emotes for the Flowlab discord server on top of making another game as a project so it’s taken a while, but I’m really happy with everything, and I hope the original game makers are too… or maybe they aren’t, maybe they hate the art and hate me too, maybe they’re all out to have my head on a stick with two sharpened ends, I dunno.

This wasn’t really a secret, if anyone watched my live stream of some of the early drawings then they already knew about this, but I kinda wanted to surprise people. Since I need to finish this before Monday I thought I might have to post an incomplete version but the last bunch were pretty easy, so I was able to finish it in preparation for the next Flowjam, whenever that is.

For some of the things I had to contact the original game makers for details on their games, like Rezarg’s “Cloaked” and MoneyPenny’s “Schrödinger’s Cat” or “WibblyWobbly”.
Rezarg’s was too small to get any details out of it, I left my first attempt in the section with all the other images.
MoneyPenny’s game was taken deleted by themselves before I could play it. When I contacted them I learned that the original character was a cat and that the character ran on wheels.

You’ll notice that the entire cast from “Murder in the Refrigerator” by Bmarzi is here, that’s because I liked the design of them all too much and went ham. My favorites have to be Tom and Letty, I mean Tom has a gun, you can’t tell a man with a gun that you don’t like him.
Their individual images are listed below with all the others.
I also had a little joke with Jam, it’s down below too.

You’ll notice that there are some graves, some of the games were deleted before I could play them, specifically:

“unknown universes (crazy)” by munasheasome
“Everlasting Universes” by Kade76336
“Hidden in Shadow and Light” by twilight studios
“New Game” by Technoblaze

You might have noticed that there are only three gravestones, that’s because I was able to do munasheasome’s game before it was deleted.
I put it next to the graves, it’s the default with the rat and cheese and it’s one of my favorites since the rat is great and it started the pose I would use for all the other defaults.

There’s a bunch of extra stuff I made for the lolz that can be found with all the other images down below if you want to check it out. I left notes and things to explain the context of what I made since I really based everything on what I thought was funny at the time.

Also, partway through I kinda won the Flowjam, soooo… geet recccted lool ԅ(¯ ▽ ¯ԅ)
No, but actually, wtfuuudge- thanks a bunch?! Thank you for voting for our entry, and thanks for even just playing it, it really means a lot to me as some random kid on the internet.

I don’t think I’ll be doing this again, I might actually develop carpal tunnel this time.
Maybe I’ll just do my favorites instead of all of them, but I do art with a mouse and keyboard so no waaay am I doing this without wrecking my wrist and fingers.

After this, I’ll probably go die again, I’m visiting family overseas and it’s pretty devoid of technology out there, so I’ll return to obscurity for a couple of months. This also means I probably won’t be participating in the next jam, which is sad… for only me since I’d compleeetely wipe out the competition again. I mean, suuure, I guess JR01 was there, but really it was all me… probably.

To end this wall, I had fun making this, so I hope you all enjoy it too!

Here are all the images by themselves, check them out if you dare.

As a little note, all the images are upscaled to 500%, so a fifth of it is its original size.
This is just in case you want the original size of the image.

"Cloaked" - Team Rezarg

I had to contact Rezarg since the player in “Cloaked” was way too low-res to pick apart and details.
On the right is my first attempt.

Flowjam Art1Flowjam Art2

"unknown universes (crazy)" - munasheasome

This is one of the games that were completely gone from Flowlab, but luckily it was the second one on the list so I got to it before it was gone.

Flowjam Art2

"Cosmic Gust" - thebrickccentric

Flowjam Art3

"The Other Perspective" - Capps

Flowjam Art4

"DataDrive:WorldSeeker" - CarbonSoda

The game was incomplete and broken so I got the USB from in the game and broke it.

Flowjam Art5

"T/Darkness (W.I.P)" - OriginsOrange

I don’t really know what this is, but I didn’t reach out to OriginsOrange because I thought it’d be funny.

Flowjam Art6

"Beyond The Glass" - DinoCode

Madeline… but in a fighting game.

Flowjam Art7

"The End is Just the Beginning" - TheFlyingShoe

Reskined default, similar but not fully a part of the default crew.

Flowjam Art8

"Refraction" - ManiacPumpkin

I gave up when making the torso and just copy and pasted the head and then resized them for the legs and arms.

Flowjam Art9

"The Fractured World" - KiwiLeaf Entertainment

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Flowjam Art10

"The Novavis" - Sup3r87 & Logan K

I accidentally lost the save file for this one but had it recorded on a live stream so I went pixel by pixel and rebuilt it.

Flowjam Art11

"The Little Things" - ChaoticGames

The first time I tried to do this it looked like an alien coral, so it took a bit to get the right shape.

Flowjam Art12

"Lurking Eyes" - LettuceMan

Flowjam Art13

"Paper Clips" - DraftyScienceCoat75

Flowjam Art14

"The Witch in the Woods" - JR01 & Glowbug

The slimes were an afterthought that I thought looked cute.

Flowjam Art15

"Hide" - DarkStar Studios

Flowjam Art16

"Agent Pluto" - Greggo

Flowjam Art17

"Mini Fishin'" - puginarug

Flowjam Art18

"Realm hopper" - Aiden & Erevis Game Designers flowjam

Found this animation, I think it was unused in the game but I made a little drawing of it and used part of it in the final one.

Flowjam Art19image

"Germ Slayer - PC" - NILS_STREAM

Flowjam Art20

"Murder in the Refrigerator" - Bmarzi

Lots of stuff here, take a look.

Flowjam Art21Flowjam Art22Flowjam Art23Flowjam Art24Flowjam Art25Flowjam Art26Flowjam Art28Flowjam Art28Flowjam Art29Flowjam Art30Flowjam Art31Flowjam Art32Flowjam Art33Flowjam Art34Flowjam Art35Flowjam Art36Flowjam Art37Flowjam Art38

"Next Door" - todorrobot

I got too scared to play the game, so this is all I could find before closing the tab…

Flowjam Art39

"Find Home" - CrimsonBlackGames

Flowjam Art40

"ENDLSS.PRTL" - dapres87

Flowjam Art41

"the water city V1.0.2" - clark&Jack

hehe, butter stick on track trends. I think the width is a bit longer and the top had something on it, but the butter bot was too funny.

Flowjam Art42

"A New Planet: The Lost World" - Yellow Scorpion Studios

Flowjam Art43

"Inheritance" - HuckleBerry

Flowjam Art44

"The NullSpace" - big bread

Flowjam Art45

"WibblyWobbly" - MoneyPenny

Flowjam Art47

"Hooks" - Recryptech

The reflection was a bit too big, but here it is here. I had to go through a few different versions before settling on this.

Flowjam Art49

"Black N White" - Tapeboiii

It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Flowjam Art50

"Soul Siphon" - Lyndon Bork

Flowjam Art51

"Dreams of Twilight" - puginarug

yeee haaaw

Flowjam Art52

"Pixel Gaurdian 3 2player demo" - Aiden_Gentry

This game was one of the ones where it felt like a fever dream.
Also, before anyone says this, “Gaurdian” is the way the game spelled it, it’s not a typo.

Flowjam Art53Flowjam Art54

"Geometry Dash Hidden Worlds" - BEAN

The math is defiantly incorrect, but it explains why I couldn’t make the jumps.

Flowjam Art55

"DataDrive" - CarbonSoda

Flowjam Art56

"Everlasting Universe" - Kade76336

One of the ones where the original game was deleted.

Flowjam Art57

"Legend of the Knight" - Zurgree

This is the dash animation, good dash.

Flowjam Art58image

"Hidden Depths 1.1" - Samuel (PixelPizza)

Flowjam Art59

"maze search" - emgref15

The in-game sprites looked a bit familiar to a specific character from a specific game, but I wonder what they are, hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Flowjam Art60

"Forest, ■■■■, Beyond" - Truce20202

Flowjam Art61

"escape but 2d" - Lucasgood

Flowjam Art62

"Hidden Worlds" - DoSomeFINforSharks

Flowjam Art63

"Taile Gamougg: Explorider" - GamougGaming

The first time I made this I didn’t try at all and made the one on the right, but then I made it again “for real this time”. The little guy be schmovin’ along with his arms up by his sides.

Flowjam Art64Flowjam Art65

"hidden worlds" - vhvgfgfgf

“hidden worlds two” shoots an energy(?) ball at the arrow from “hidden worlds” in the collage.

Flowjam Art66

"Hidden in Shadow and Light" - twilight studios

“Hidden”, “Shadow”, and “Light” are etched into the stone, the other words didn’t fit nicely.

Flowjam Art67

"hidden worlds two" - vhvgfgfgf

“hidden worlds” shoots an arrow ball at the energy(?) from “hidden worlds two” in the collage.

Flowjam Art68

"WOOMdering" - Hcanrybing

Flowjam Art69

"The Adventure of Bob" - DJ Spidey

You can tell which default it is because its name is Bob… I think, i-is this Bob?

Flowjam Art70

"Travel" - Deadly_Smile

Flowjam Art71

"shade" - Galactian

where am I going? ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ (づ⌐■_■)づ ----o

Flowjam Art72

"New Game" - TechnoBlaze

The last one… “New Game”

Flowjam Art73

20 Likes

Amazing work! Tom and Letty were some of my favorites too :rofl:

5 Likes

This is such an amazing feat. Congrats and thank you so much, I loved to see them all together.
:heart::heart::heart::heart:
The Hidden Depths One is so accurate :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Again, idk u da best!

8 Likes

:upside_down_face: someone actually submitted “new game?” Lol

3 Likes

You did a great job on all of these pieces, and I think the 3-D visualization of the novavis’s character was done super, super well! Great job! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The lore for the Gamougg drawing just shows that you should never stop trying. Also this is amazing! So big and Chungus. Real, serious, six-month dedication and I applaud it.

Do you mind if post this on my website? I will include your name there, as well as anything else you need. My main page has Flowlab and stuff on it, while the individual art for Gamougg could go on the fanart page, which has every Gamougg fanart on it posted epicly and on display for everyone to see.

2 Likes

Do whatever you want with them.

This goes for all participants, if you want to use the art for something then go ahead, it’s your character.
There’s no need to credit me or anything, do what you want with it.

2 Likes

Alright! I would like to say again how cool these all are. Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

this is really impressive

must’ve taken you a long time, love how many base flowlab player sprites referenced in the bottom left

5 Likes

this is amazing but please never do it again for your own wellbeing

8 Likes

This is crazy. I agree with HuckleBerry though:

It is an amazing accomplishment.

4 Likes

I just want to say thank you for the amazing work. I really love the art you did for my game. It’s pretty tempting to use it as the games icon. Amazing job with all the other art to, they are really thoughtful and well done. :heart:

6 Likes

@glowbug not to revive dead topics but…

I DARE YOU TO DO IT AGAIN THIS YEAR

no

6 Likes

Are you insane? Do you know how long this took the poor guy?!

I wouldn’t even attempt it, if I were him.

2 Likes

yeh, it was a joke, DONT listen to me, bud if you tried that art peice again you would die, only reason you should is if theres like only bout 5 entries

2 Likes