FLOWJAM - Results Posted

Just to clarify, I cant use a game that predates the beginning of the event right? Im really short on time and theres a bug thats breaking my game, and I cant continue until its fixed, so I need a good fallback plan.

What’s the bug, @CrimsonBlackGames ?

@CrimsonBlackGames if you do that you wouldn’t be taking credits because of the MAIN point of the competition. Making the best game in the shortest time

It seems that the satellite object cannot detect whats in front of it when there is two or more of them.

@grazer

I’ve seen a bug too. It might be related to what CBG is talking about, where proximity picks up destroyed objects.

space-face

Working on Space Face, simple single screen game.

I have only done the art and intro in my game haha rippp.

I should make some game play.

Intro is very surprising…

Do we message grazer when we finish?

@Enderkole you either post it here on sunday (when the jam ends) or join the discord server and post it here. You should probably put it here though because not everyone joined the discord

@CrimsonBlackGames - can you give me a few more details on how to reproduce the issue? I’ll try to get it fixed for you if I can see it myself.

An objects forward is down-

have two rotation extractors. Use an expression to subtract both by 180, and connect it to a raycasts direction, and an emits angle. (Rotation is independent) Then, use an always to send the ray.

If it hits, it is supposed to shoot a bullet foreword, supposedly hitting the target in the process.

Is this set up in your game so I can see it in action?

Yeah. The moon is actually a reskinned satelite.

!Flowjam Going quite well!

@CrimsonBlackGames - I don’t see the moon/satellite shooting anything

Its supposed to. This ain’t good

ok, I checked it out again and I see it shooting. It seems to be shooting directly out of the top of the moon. Isn’t that what you want?

Its supposed to be able to shoot in the direction its facing, as it needs to be able to hit the astroids coming from the bottom of the screen, too.

Hi,

Here is my offering for the Flowlab Space Jam. It’s a mash up of a few styles and mobile games I like.

Definitely a few things I could do to make it a better game but it’s playable (I hope!) and time is running out. It’s changed a lot over a couple of days, I’m not even sure the title is correct now. Maybe like ‘Fast Food Space Duck’ suits it more lol!

http://flowlab.io/game/play/873849

flowlab-space-jam