FLOWJAM - Results Posted

whats the deadline (dunce alert)

Next sunday. PixelPizza already said that.

So I might manage to make something, but I do not have a lot of time. but I think I will make a small simple game just for fun!

Didn’t feel like spending a whole WEEK (that is an insane time limit for a game jam) making a space game so I only spent a few hours this morning on it and I’m calling it done.

I just don’t understand this part of the rules:

- NO outside resources (sprites or songs that are not made by you or NOT copyright-free)
It's fine using the built-in sounds effects of flowlab right? There's absolutely no way I'm going to make my own sound effects every week for each new flowjam thing when flowlab has its own library of sound effects. If this is a flowlab-themed game jam (i.e. flowjam), all flowlab features should be allowed.

5824D905-38BC-48B5-BE32-57C71E95E9FC

Heres a little screenshot on what Im working on

@CrimsonBlackGames that is insane! what program did you use to make the background

@Wizardry yes flowlab sounds are free.
You just can’t use things that aren’t free. Just because of the copyright.
I explained a few comments ago

Just an FYI: You guys can always email me if you want to discuss something without posting on the forum: grazer@flowlab.io

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 8.36.16 AM

okay, so this is what I have been working on. I am planning to make a rocketship version of rocket league!

@“Magnus Aalde”
Take a stock image of a soccer ball texture and bring it into sumopaint.com/app

Then go to filters/3D/Effects/sphere.

That way you can have a 3D soccer ball. If you still want it pixelated like you already have, you can use their pixelator too

Absorb

Guess people are just posting screenshots of what they’re working on, so I’ll just leave this here.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 10.13.23 PM

it is beginning to look a-lot better now, just have to make a menu and maybe a shop and the game is done!

Gonna have to cancel my entry. The whole game depended on my room camera working, but raycast can’t see through walls, so there’s no point. I was going to make a NES Metroid type game on a space station overlooking Earth being destroyed by aliens, with chunks of the space station like Metroid areas, and being able to go outside the ship to low gravity and get gravity boots to walk on the ceiling. No point if the camera doesn’t work. Bummer. Maybe another time.

@“Mhx Ar” well I was going to do a chunk level generator but i gave up on this idea (and so many others). It took a long time to get a decent idea but I came up with another one and I will start working on it.
I’m sad you canceled.

just started up my game, its kinda late into the jam ik, but its working out

WorkInProgress

I’m going for a game where you fly in space with a ship, but when you reach a planet the game becomes more like a platformer.

Also thanks CrimsonBlackGames for showing how to make the 3D models

Should I mention SnakeInMyHoot is my 2nd account?

This seems like a good idea, I’m going to try and find time to submit a game.

my game is a platformer.