Flowlab Currency

What if Flowlab had a currency and you got it from getting likes on your game or making/editing a game daily
There would be a shop where you could buy sprites and new code blocks for the currency.

2 Likes

I thought of a similar idea long ago, that would be cool if you logged in daily and got Flowcoins (idk) and then save those coins up to purchase sprite packs or something. Maybe there could be a community workshop where players can create their own packs to sell or something, since some people are better at art than making games, that could be a way of showing off art rather than making a codeless game.
Grazer could also award the flowcoins to participants of flowjams so everyone wins something in the end, and maybe there could be a way to buy a 1 month indie subscription or something. Which would either be really expensive or maybe not work since I know grazer needs what income he gets to supply the flowjam’s prizes and keep the servers running, but It would be an interesting idea.

4 Likes

Personally I don’t think this is a necessary idea. It’s interesting to think about but it’s just a way to avoid paying actual money, which Grazer kind of needs to live lol. Plus I don’t think a game development tool needs a digital currency.

7 Likes

It’s a nice idea, but it’d be bad for business and locking certain code blocks behind a flowlab currency would be completely absurd.

Plus, from what I know, this is Grazer’s core source of income. It would never happen as a result of that, he needs to live

6 Likes

This sounds oddly stupid, not going to lie. Not to be completely rude (but I will be rude), it’s a damn game engine with not enough people as it is, I don’t think adding something like this would attract people… especially if features cost digital money that doesn’t even go towards grazer.

6 Likes

I agree with everyone else. It is probably best to keep digital currency to the games that we create. Besides, getting “flowcoins” only from getting likes, participating in Flowjams, etc. would make the currency way too rare to buy sprite packs and behaviors. It would make Flowlab feel more constricted, and punish those who don’t even pay at all.

I wouldn’t say this is a “dumb” idea, but a currency for Flowlab just isn’t going to work out well.

3 Likes

you guys do have a point

2 Likes

I know I’m only fourteen, but what if we
I
L
L
E
G
A
L
L
Y
made flowcoin a possibility? Just register it as crypto and then
BIP!
BAM!
BOP!
Illegally made crypto for a site that isn’t even that popular. Hold your applause.

2 Likes

Not to burst your bubble but, this idea is not it- Im sure you can come up with a better idea but i’d have to agree with everyone else. I mean, grazer’s gotta make a living-

2 Likes