Flowlab vs Other game creators! (The Crigence Critique: Website Critique)

Agreed.

And @Crigence what were you doing staying up until 4?

I never sleep

Flowlab vs me

Flowlab VS. Me?
Welp, here’s a game i made for Flowlab if you wanna see it: http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1014431

*Note: This is going to use a NEW style of notes for this discussion which uses a pro/con sort of system instead!

+@grazer is an EXTREMELY active member of his community, and frequently responds to almost anything that mentions him! In-fact i wouldn’t be surprised if he was reading this right now!
-Yet he doesn’t do much other than respond! You could come out with a idea for Flowlab which would be a PERFECT addition and yet nothing will happen! (Unless he’s just busy now, which i completely understand as he’s the administrator of a frickin website! It still would be nice if he just SAID that he’s busy and will implement them later!)

+Flowlab has a pretty great layout!
-Flowlab looks and feels like it was made with a website builder. In-fact i used the mobile view and it looks suspiciously close to how Wix optimizes its mobile view (I should know, i USE wix!)

+Flowlab allows you to make ANYTHING you want and sell it!
-Only if you’re willing to dish out cash as all the good stuff is locked behind Indie. Which isn’t as big of a deal as they need that money too… Wait, i just realized we have 0 idea where this money is going too!

+Flowlab highly encourages contacting them if you have an issue or idea!
-…I got no counter argument to that that’s just a generally great thing!

+Flowlab is a completely online builder!
-I got a bone to pick with people who say that’s a GOOD thing! Flash isn’t stable enough to run Flowlab at its peak potential and personally i would rather just have a desktop version of Flowlab instead! Hopefully HTML5 fixes this issue!

+The community is very kind and helpful!
-Well, not everyone is kind and helpful. I’m looking at you @“Daniel Folston”!

+Flowlab is at-least better than most of its competitors!
-I agree, i’d take Flowlab over Gamefroot any-day!

nice

But, who wins?

Well if i just lowered your opinion of Flowlab slightly than i guess i win!

As Captain America would say: “HEY, language”

@“Daniel Folston” As Albert Einstein once said, “There are only 2 things infinite: the universe and human stupidity.”

@grazer is the owner of flowlab, right?

@Crigence you have your own game builder!?!? What is it called’!?!?

@meburningslime
To be honest i’m not sure. I feel like there HAS to be someone other than @grazer running the site but i don’t know! If he IS running this site all by himself that’s pretty impressive!

Also no i do not have my own game builder, i just needed an excuse to review Flowlab lol

Oh Great…

Did you REALLY think i knew how to code a game builder? Why do you think i need to use a website builder or a game builder?

@Crigence Well, you do critique like your games are perfect…
Not trying to be rude, just bringing up a point.

@grazer are you okay? I cant fond a comment from you in the past 2 weeks.

@meburningslime - yeah, I’m OK. Thanks for asking :slight_smile: I’ve left some occasional forum posts, but not too much.

@Crigence - Flowlab is just me for now. Also, thanks for the review. I realize that progress is painfully slow right now, and it probably looks like I’m not actually doing anything, but I’m working really hard on the HTML version that is upcoming. It’s already way behind the schedule I had planned, but there are various problems with the Javascript conversion that I didn’t foresee. Once it gets released I can revert to a much better cadence again, with smaller, quicker updates on a more regular schedule.

Hey @grazer so javascript is what you’re using!

Also, in a previous post you said you would be adding controller support. Don’t take this as me trying to be the “Are we there yet?” guy but when is this happening? And are you making your own controllers or using someone else’s?
And because I have a chat ban right now, why dont I ask some other questions?
I see it says “Status: Member” on my profile, but I was suprised to see that you are a member too! Are there other “current statuses”?
Great… My ban just glitched and the timer restarted. I have a bug to report: Whenever I change a behaviour, even if it’s NOT added to the behaviour list, it changes the original. Could you fix that plez?
One last thing before I stop so you won’t ban me permanently: Is cussing allowed? @“Daniel Folston” and @Crigence are kinda going over-the-top. I thought this was kid-friendly. :scream:
Okay now I KNOW you’re gonna ban me, but my chat ban just restarted AGAIN. Can you help me? The Terraria! game I made is still kinda laggy, could you please make the background able to send messages and do animations?
Okay I just realized how long this is so i’m gonna stop… for now!

@meburningslime most controllers are in similar format, but most computers accept Xbox controllers, but just about anything will work if you find the driver for them.

???
@CrimsonBlackGames so controller support is already out?!?!

@meburningslime no, but Im saying it probably wont be too difficult to bring in controller support in the future, since a lot of controllers use a certain format of inputs.

I noticed interest in The Crigence Critique: Website Critique seems to have spiked up all of the sudden! If anyone has a free game-builder they want me to check out, just leave it here and i’ll review it!

@meburningslime
I don’t think Flowlab is targeted towards any specific age range really

@Crigence ok but maybe if youd be a little less vulgar more people would be interested, I know I avoided you fer about half a year.