For all advanced Flowlab developers: share your story!

I’d like to know the stories you guys have of how you went from your first game to your current self. I’m planning on creating a system to make flowlab easier for beginners to learn, so it will be helpful for me to know how people learned certain parts of the website!

1 Like

I’ll start:
My first game was an odd platformer with no friction, it sucked pretty bad.
Then I made a troll game and made my first true progress when I made the game that kept me from leaving: Human Sandbox. It was a people playground knockoff i enjoyed playing and making very much.
After this i had many deleted subprojects, and started super ballers, which became the reason why I understand logic as much as I do now. Then I started making examples. The player listing and typing things I made helped me understand lists, and then I started working on SWARM, which made me extremely good at sorting code. Then, I stopped working on SWARM and made Flordle and other examples perfecting my knowledge of lists and text.

1 Like

My name is Yoshikage Kira John Shrekinson. My first game made with Flowlab was the beginning of the epic tale of the skeleton hero, Gamougg, and it was a platformer. It started off with no weapons, but later I gave it one for comedic purposes. Then I made the next two games in the Gamougg trilogy, but only upon making my third game did I stand here and realize my Flowlabian purpose: to Evolve Combat.

Ever since my introduction to the Halo series of video games, I enjoyed playing first-person shooters. Once I started playing the original Halo game, Halo: Combat Evolved (Bungie, 2001) through Halo: the Master Chief Collection, it became my favorite Halo game. This bled into my Flowlabian “career”, which led to me wanting to Evolve Flowlabian Combat. Stuff got real when I decided to make Halo fangame.

After that, I just kept moving forward. I evolved my art, I evolved my guns, and I evolved myself. My creative process changed and my games grew more difficult, increasing the skill gap as they did. I made a couple of examples on my way to where I am today, but nothing helped me more than Halo and this community.

1 Like