FREE 16x16 Gun Spritesheet

The individual sprites are all 32x32 and can be resized any way you want. Just 12 simple designs for your games. You don’t need to credit me but it is appreciated :wink: , and you can use them wherever you want!
16x16 PIXELGUNSHEET

7 Likes

These look nice, but some of them look too unclear, like the P90 looking like just a rectangle

4 Likes

The P90 could be rounded a bit. The rest look great to me.

3 Likes

idk, i did a lot of revisions with the p90 but that’s as close as i could get realistically with 16x16. anything else i did looked weird to me. when/if you download them you can change them up to fit your style if you want.

this is the reference i actually used

4 Likes

Totally understandable. All pixel sizes have a limit, and details need to be compromised sometimes.

4 Likes

Great job choom!

Personally I’d be too scared to look up real guns on the internet because I don’t want to be put on a watchlist lol.

2 Likes

Well I hope adding “pixel art” and “art reference” will have made my searches more innocent

3 Likes

Phew.

2 Likes

I know if you’re on a school device or on a school internet, you can get flagged for looking up guns or various other weapons.

But I feel we have the right to bear arms and I’ll look up various weapons and even watch YouTube videos on them. Mostly for examples and references for story making and game art, but also because it’s interesting to see the latest technology for defense.

I don’t think you’ll be put on a list for looking up real guns, but you might if you look up bomb or explosive tutorials or modifying a civilian issued weapon into a fully automatic. As long as what you look up isn’t illegal, you should be fine. There’s a lot of gun collectors and enthusiasts who probably look up way more deadlier firearms than you could think, but it’s not because they intend on using it for harm, but mostly for interest such as hobbies.

There are only a few people who are irresponsible for firearms and the world views them as terrible and deadly weapons. There are more people that know who are more responsible with firearms than people responsible for shootings I have heard of.

In my opinion, I don’t find it bad to look them up at all. Heck, I was watching several railgun/coil gun episodes about a month ago. And it was like a tutorial on basically how to practically make one.

6 Likes

Yeah schools block all sorts of weird stuff.
But it can get out of hand for some things and I can see why they block it. (most times lol)
It got pretty bad once, they accidentally blocked Canvas (assingment site our school district uses)

4 Likes

It could definitely be improved, but at least we can all tell it’s a P-90. Anyways;

I had this problem when I was drawing my P-90 texture for my game (Not 16x16, but hear me out)
I was asking my cousin for help while I was drawing an Ak-47, because I couldn’t get it to look right. He told me something along the lines of “sacrifice realism for making it look more recognizable.” And it worked. I changed some things about the barrel, etc. It didn’t look realistic. But it did look like a darn good Ak-47. I had the same problem with my P-90. I used his tip, and it turned out nice in my opinion.
In fact, I had this problem with all of my guns, now that I’m talking about it.

Edit: I used that same reference lmao what are the chances dude

7 Likes

No animations? No detail?

1 Like

I assume these guns are just templates, blank and waiting to be filled with color, detail, and animation.

3 Likes

There’s not really any detail, no. And I’m not coloring (at least, I didn’t plan on it, @Lockdown)

The animation in my game is procedural (Mostly just recoil, but I also have particle systems set up for smoke and flash)

5 Likes