Free Racers Update

@AbstractGallery @Pixel_Name1

Hello Abstract, Pixel, and the Flowlab Community,

A while ago we started on Free Racers which is supposed to be an open-world “realistic” car racing game. So far Abstract, Pixel, and I have pretty much completed the player
mechanics of the car.

So if you guys (the community) can play and review the game mechanics of the car, that would be awesome. We are always open to new ideas and tips. And making the cars more realistic would really help make the game better.

And lastly, since this is an “open-world” game what location should the game take place? So far we have Europe and USA. In the future, I might take a poll on what location the community would like to see.

Link to the game: Flowlab Game Creator - Free Racers

2 Likes

i think you should make the speed of the car go to zero when you hit a wall. otherwise it’s kinda buggy when you’re trying to drive away from the wall.

ok, ill try to do that and reset it.

1 Like
  1. You’re faster backward than you are forwards.
  2. You should not be able to turn while not moving
  3. You should slow down when hitting walls
2 Likes

no please, cool and fun ability is more important than realism

1 Like

Hi BradenS,

Thank you for the review

Okay, we’ll try to do that. But when I did it, it made it so that even if you lightly touch the wall, you suddenly stop. So if have any idea’s on how to prevent it that would be very helpful.

1 Like

^

2 Likes

Hi CodeAlpaca and JohnShrekinson,

Thank you for reviewing the game.

1. When I checked them just now, they seemed to be the same, at 12.5 speed.

2. I just checked the turning thing, and I can’t turn when I’m not moving. Maybe you were moving very slowly?

3. I have thought about slowing down when you hit the wall, but I haven’t figured out what the best way to do that is.

2 Likes

P.S.

Controls:
W / Up Arrow = forward
S / Down Arrow = backwards/decelerate
A / Left Arrow = turn left
D / Right Arrow = turn right

Space Bar = slow down
Shift = E brake / drift

Also if you have any ideas for locations where the game should take place, please share them.

2 Likes

I got it. I’ll make some mechanic with filters or someting.

1 Like

Ok thanks Abstract. I think we also need to change the bar values to match the speed.

1 Like

It sort of works. Extremely buggy.

1 Like

Oh yeah, it’s very buggy. But I like the addition to the screen shake.

1 Like