🚀 GALACDRIVE thread (OUT NOW ON APP STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!)!

I could help if you want, I like this game a lot!

1 Like

nah, its just working on the trailer mainly :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry, I mistyped that lol. will edit!

1 Like

Contributor ships update!

Taking inspiration from some recent events, I spent the day on the contributor ships update!

This update adds custom ships for ANYONE with the [GD] contributor role, who is a dev of the game, or is a notable person in the game’s development.
The game grabs the username you’re logged in as, and then assigns you the special ship once you warp or enter arena mode. I couldn’t add everyone, but I did add a lot of people, so go check the game to see if I’ve made you a ship!

If you have a contributor ship, it will be lost if you change your username. If you would like to keep it on the web version, please tell me!!

Thanks for reading!

img_asset_13136121-export

8 Likes

I think I’m the 4th one on the last row

3 Likes

I can definitely guess the 2nd on the last row, this is actually a good showcase of creating strong silhouettes. Besides that, glad development is going well on your game!

5 Likes

I really do like this game, I play it in school all the time when bored.

4 Likes

Aw man I didn’t get one :frowning:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! T.0.D.D. blasting through there lol

This is canon

3 Likes

i love mine

4 Likes

Just gonna restate how cool mine is and how much I like it

3 Likes

I just played the game, its really good how’d you even do this in flowlab? Couldn’t get that far though.

4 Likes

When you open the main level “GALACDRIVE”, you’ll se an assortment of blocks to the side. They are all controllers with their own different jobs.

The green objects are dictators, which time things like events in the game, and “direct” objects around. Some of what they do could definitely just be done on the objects they command, but they serve as a good way to fine tune and adjust events ingame.

The orange objects are spawners, and it’s their job to create obstacles, powerups, or bosses. That’s mostly all there is to them.

The blue objects are controllers, and do things like keep track of scoring, visual effects, or the difficulty the game is at. While dictators manage the entire game, controllers micromanage the game more.

Finally, the purple block is the music player, and is responsible for playing music, muting currently playing tracks, and preloading music (and a few sounds). The music player also mutes the main track when a boss track plays, allowing everything to sync up.

This system is honestly a little messily put together and could definitely be squished down to one object. But I like separating and color coding stuff, bc it looks better to me

4 Likes

sorry i have to keep editing this post because flowlab wont let me make new posts for 2 hours. As my first boss once i got a red one with 2 cannons and lost it was hard :frowning:

heh my high scores :))

1 Like

which ones? they spawn at random. Telling me their names/colors would help!

2 Likes

@sup3r87 paused the game for about 30 seconds and this happened

3 Likes

i wanna custom ship :DDDDDD (you dont have to)

someone tell me how you got 10000+ :sob:

1 Like

@Pixel_Name1 same thing happens to me :confused:

2 Likes

It’s probably because the game uses timers to spawn the rocks, but the don’t freeze when the game is paused. Grazer changed this recently, but old Timers still have this problem so they will need to be replaced with the updated ones.

4 Likes