GAME DEMO - open world rpg top down style

started to get in to the top down style pretty new to it. id like you to play this demo and give me feedback on the gameplay and art ive done so far, thanks guys !

ps idk how to stop everything from bumping into me and pushing me all over the map lol pls help

8 Likes

will be removing from the public soon to work further on the game thank you

3 Likes

Awesome job so far! Love the concept and artwork. Looking forward to seeing a more complete product.

As for being bumped into constantly, you might try making some of your objects non-solid / enable collisions if you want to be able to interact with them (though that can get glitchy, especially if you don’t want NPCs wandering through buildings or off the map). Another idea I’ve thought of but haven’t tested yet is seeing if a sprite’s density or priority number has any affect on another sprite’s ability to “push” it.

3 Likes

Looking nice!
If you don’t want other objects to push the player around, you can use a logic gate (NOR or NAND) on the Keyboard behavior down input. If the player isn’t moving/pressing the movement keys, set velocity to 0.

3 Likes

Yea so the way I have it now if everything is solid and movable nothing glitches through buildings and I’ve messed with the gravities for x and y and the densities and friction and idk if I’m doing it wrong but I see no effect on the sprites.

also I’ll have to change the name of the game too cause apparently there is a game with that name already :sob::joy:.

Hopefully this sprite issue can be resolved soon cause it’s throwing off my development progress big time

2 Likes

:eyes: well well well , that’s a bright idea. I’m currently training for two weeks so I won’t have access to my labtop for a while :confused: but I’ll definitely implement that thanks !

3 Likes

It’s hard to find a name that isn’t already taken. My Flowjam game was going to be called Dome Defense, but of course, someone already made a game with that name - freaking Disney of all “people”. Yeah, that’s not a company you want to be going to court against. I’d end up owing them my immortal soul (plus interest) after all is said and done with.

2 Likes

I feel that :joy: I played your game it was pretty polished

2 Likes

I’m still working on that one, I want it to be even more polished. At least a proper full demo. I was originally planning on having more levels, but 2 weeks is not a lot of time if you’re working alone. I’m hoping to have a full demo for that one out by the weekend. Then maybe later, I’ll try exporting it to mobile.

2 Likes

Will we get more Thrall updates?

2 Likes

bryuh dont revive dead topics, not cool man

1 Like

Wait,this is old???

1 Like

I’ve been logged out of flowlab for like 4 months :joy: I’m just now seeing this. the only updating I’ll be doing in the near future is making it possible to play with controller, updating music and sound fx and maybe some arcade levels. I’m spending most of my time now building my new project that will be sci fi themed.

3 Likes

Understandable, have a great day.

1 Like