Game glitching, stopped by an invisible block?

Hey guys. My son (10) loves flowlab, but is getting frustrated with a glitch in his newest game:

Randomly, the player gets blocked and can’t move forward. It isn’t always the same location, and it isn’t all the time. I’m not sure how to help him since we can’t even reliably recreate the instance…

Any thoughts? Thanks for taking the time to help!

3 Likes

Hello @Pixelpuppy!

The problem is probably with Flowlab’s collision, objects with rectangular collision shapes have this problem where they clip on the edges of objects because their surfaces weren’t level with each other.

I changed the collision shape of the player to the capsule and it seemed to stop it from happening, so hopefully, that’ll solve your problem.

The game’s looking pretty good, I hope you and your son have a great day and have fun developing games!

2 Likes

Thank you so much - I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

Hey @Pixelpuppy - @glowbug is definitely correct that the issue is that the vertices of rectangular shapes can snag on each other other.

What I really wanted to say though is: Wow - that’s incredible work for a 10yo! Very nice game :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m proud of him - and thrilled that Flowlab is a thing. He’s been playing around for a couple of years now and keeps surprising me. Appreciate the kind words!

2 Likes