Gate open on game win

I am trying to make it so that when i win my game, a gate from the top and bottom slam closed covering the game bringing me to the victory screen. can u please help with this.

Please name your topics with your question so I don’t have to do it for you every time.

To answer your question, whatever counts as “winning” your game, have it send a Message to a object in the User Interface layer that covers the whole screen, and have that object play an Animation of a gate closing.

Just watch the tutorial videos bro. You’re only supposed to make a topic if you really can’t figure it out.

2 Likes

thanks but that is not what i mean…

Screenshot 2024-02-15 7.44.48 AM

Screenshot 2024-02-15 7.53.15 AM

Screenshot 2024-02-15 7.58.56 AM

Like Braden said, you can use an animation for this. That’s what I did for mine and Hong’s game

Ours is set to start on level load, but for you, whenever your win condition is met, send a message to start your animation. (This is NOT permission to use our animation, use your own. This is to demonstrate what it should look like)

Or you could use 2 objects (Can use 1, but I don’t want to over-complicate it for you). When you meet whatever your win condition is, send a message to both objects. One of the objects will slide down, the other will side up (These are in the UI layer). You would move these with the Ease behavior

1 Like