Geometry lab out now

I got a lot of bugs, I can die when there are no spikes, and yellow orbs absolutely bounce me over a bunch of of things.

1 Like

I know about some yellow orb bugs, and I know the random death bug and I am trying to fix that. But there is nothing there that could kill the player, so I’m a little confused on that, I will update the levels to force the place to jump over the random death spot.
THE SPOT OF DEATH!
Also, the player now spins when they jump.

1 Like

the bugs make it REALLY hard to play. Especially the weird rotation that sometimes buffers jumping

I fixed rotation issues, but for some reason, the cube will get a super jump, that I think comes from lag. But IDK. Trina fix.

I have removed rotation for a little bit because it is buggy as heck… I am looking forward to re-adding it in the future.

From what I understand, super jumps in Flowlab happen when the player is moving horizontally, and then jumps the same frame that they touch a new ground block. They already had a jump “stored” from the previous ground block, but then they get another jump on the same frame since their first jump activates before the Collision with the new ground block was detected.
The solution is to make sure that your ground blocks are collision merging. If you need help with that, grazer explains it here:

He’s updated it so that even objects with behaviors can collision merge, except if they have any of these behaviors: Destroyer, Impulse, Motor, PointAt, RayCast, Enabled, Material, Position, Velocity, Size, Rotation

1 Like

My blocks and player both have destroyer blocks

Ah ok, well another, less preferable solution would be to ensure that inside the Player code, your Collision trigger for detecting the ground is directly above your Keypress trigger for jumping.
However, one drawback to this is that it will make your player able to jump even if they have only just barely touched the ground after falling, and can make the jump height smaller after you’ve jumped once already.

That makes a difference?

Yep, behavior order matters

That’s something I didn’t know.
Thanks!

1 Like

The game is shut down, I am revamping the movement system.
It will be down for maybe 'til later today.

Scratch that, the bug fixing will take a little while longer than today, maybe until next week or two because I can’t seem to grasp how random death/super jump glitches are happening. I might make a topic on it because I have never seen this happen, I have already made a topic on random super jumps building up, but I can’t fix it, it doesn’t seem to be a glitch in the code, I am revamping the entire movement system and it is still happening. So the game will be down for a while.
But I will work on a new update as bug fixing goes along, so new gamemodes, levels, and gameplay orbs/changes. Thank you for your time
– Truce2017

1 Like

Just one thing is bothering me; the ship gamemode uses the ufo sprite and not the ship

I am not a very good artist sorry, it was supposed to be a ship sorry.
edit: the ship has been textured so it looks like the ship. it is still a bit squished but I will get to re making textures after working on features.

The games movement have been revamped entirely, there are still bugs, such as the super jump or random death that I can’t seem to fix (if you have suggestions pls say them) but here is the full list:

• The ship texture has been changed to look like the ship from the game
  • the wave moves more similar to the wave in the real game
  • lots of bug improvements such as yellow orb/pad fixes
  • working on the new gamemode, the UFO!
  • figured out how to flip gravity, guess what is in the next update!
  • The level editor has a functionality, but I need indie to make you be able to share, so not out yet
  • removed Herobrine
    Thank you and enjoy the games playable parts.
1 Like

Herobrine…

4 Likes

I remember when I played Xbox 360 with my cousin and we saw a singular floating piece of sand and we never entered that world again because we thought it was Herobrine since we knew sand can fall.

2 Likes

My goodness, I remember trying to summon Herobrine with clipbait videos.

1 Like

Yeah I did that in my survival world and ran away from the “Herobrine Spawner”

2 Likes