Guys time submit your game

I hope you win, and if you lose to flowjam it doesn’t matter what’s important is that you’ve tried, cheer up

5 Likes

Thanks, this definitely helps since I’ve been depressed about my game being stupid :slight_smile:

I know I’m not going to win, and probably get no recognition what so ever, but at least I know I spent 10 hours a day working on a game that only I have fun playing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no it’s not like that, my very stupid game,
you are very good, I’ve tried it very good from me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Have you learned anything since you started the jam?

1 Like

No, I’ve known how to use every behavior, and every feature in Flowlab… my art didn’t get better, the music is Flowlab’s not mine, and the game design just sucks, like all my other games.

2 Likes

I understand those aspects are difficult, but I meant learning about game making itself. Planning, Structure, Energy Conservation, Time Management? Surely you learned something during this flowjam.

1 Like

Nope, nothing. Time management? Most of my games I spend 2 weeks on before giving up, planning? I planned the same, energy conservation? Nope, my sleep schedule is still “go to sleep at 1am”, structure? All my games have the same process on being built from start to finish.

I don’t think I did anything for anyone this time.

2 Likes

Hey @00T_Free,

I think you may be taking the feedback you’ve gotten a little too harshly. Your game isn’t stupid - it’s cute, kind of funny, and the soundtrack is catchy and fitting. Game design is an iterative process, and it often takes a lot of testing and tweaking to “find the fun” in a new game mechanic.

And even if it doesn’t end up being your best game in the end, there is something to be said for experimenting with a new game mechanic that we haven’t seen before.

5 Likes

Regardless, you did an amazing job on your game. It’s really fun (and funny), with a clever tutorial system to boot.

2 Likes

I definitely set myself up to higher expectations than I should’ve, thanks for the kind words that were taken into heart, @grazer and @DarkStar_Studios.

3 Likes