Healthy Hobbies? (For the Growth of Others)

Name your favorite healthy hobbies :slight_smile:

Mine are:

• Tennis (my #1, because I play tennis for the school and take lessons)
  • Fishing, it’s super relaxing and semi-cheap (I bought everything I need for $100 and I’ll have to buy new line eventually for $6 but that’ll be months or years)
  • Biking, overall fun and a good way to travel, just need a bike, no gas needed!
  • Kayaking, lowkey just relaxing and good arm/shoulder exercise… this one is a bit more expensive though ($200 per kayak if you wanna go cheap)

Thank you,
DinoDev

9 Likes

I’m excluding anything technology wise because despite people’s opinions it is subjectively much unhealthier than hobbies that effect your physical well being in a positive way. Also, nature :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1: Reading (My first one because I do it the most)
2: Drawing (Only traditional art)
3: Tennis/Basketball (I said both because it just depends on the day and if I can get a tennis teammate or not)
4: Talking to other people IN REAL LIFE (I’m counting this because most people don’t social with others face to face anymore)
5: Looking for bugs
I forgot singing and dancing as well.

6 Likes

I do everything on your list 3+

Do you like bugs? I’m not interested in them that much anymore, but I have pet beetles (blue death feigning beetles) and I pinned bugs for a great while so I have a ton in frames from across the world.

4 Likes

I LOVE bugs, bees (If you couldn’t tell) are my favorite and I have a bunch of bugs pinned as well, but I stopped after a bunch of them got ruined when I sent them to the state fair.

3 Likes

I have been practicing martial arts for 15 years now.

4 Likes

Uploading: IMG_0006.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_0012.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_0010.jpeg…

1 Like
  • In first is probably rock climbing. Ever since I was young, I always loved the thrill of free-climbing and heights.

• In second is hiking. Living in the Northwest, I really just can’t ignore all of the beautiful Mountains and valleys.

• In third is boating. I have something called the “origami paddler”, which is a folding Kayak/Stand up board hybrid. I also love taking my Canoe to some of the large lakes around where I live.

• Fourth is likely biking. I own a large mountain-bike and cannot resist using it. I normally stay to the roads and trails, I am scared of literally mountain biking, XD.

• Fifth is designing. I like to play around with different designs of vehicles before 3D modelling them. I think this also counts as drawing.

• Last, in sixth, is messing around with electronics: computer chips, salvaged motors, and all of the other things I salvage form broken drones and electronics.

Oh yeah, I also like to learn Judo.

5 Likes

This seems like fun to me but I’ve never been able to actually do anything with it.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Oh gosh. If those were alive, I would scream.

Motors and computer chips are simple, and fun.

3 Likes

Uploading: IMG_4233.jpeg…
You could say I was into them for a while lol

(These are just a few pics of MANY)

5 Likes

One of my pet beetles
@BeesyBee

4 Likes

I have to get off of this topic, else I start screaming.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve raised some butterflies before but I haven’t had any other insect pets.

4 Likes

I have never owned a pet.

2 Likes

I’ve had these beetles for 7.5 months and they should live 6.35 more years (on average).

4 Likes

That’s depressing.
(and also off topic I think?)

2 Likes

This is the community lounge so it doesn’t really matter. New users won’t see this topic anyways.

3 Likes

Nice, what kind of beetle is it exactly?

2 Likes