Help make shield

I am trying to make a shield that only works on one side of the sprite but when he gets hit from the other side he takes damage

1 Like

this gives us no context
only thing i can say to help is that you could just make an object the follows the players position but adds some to the x to block projectiles

4 Likes

Use the emitter to emit a [optionally movable] shield object. You can look at Gamougg 3’s shield function for reference.

Emit is can’t be used because he wants it to be a constant shield, what Galactian said is probably best (Until Attached objects can be solid)

2 Likes

I’ve done emit constant shield before but I forgot which game (I know it was recent though). You will need Messages and Mailboxes however.

Constantly emitting something is kinda finicky compared to actually spawning it

1 Like

It only emits once and then gets automatically destroyed when you let go of the key

destroyers like that lag flowlab (same with emitting that much)

2 Likes

Oh

Highly skilled Gamougg player here. In Taile Gamougg, the shields are emitted yes. However, they expire almost immediately and are only meant for a quick burst of defense.

2 Likes

just because you do something some way doesn’t mean it’s the optimal way to do it. emitting and destroying an object every frame causes a lot of lag which i’ve proven in many particle systems.

2 Likes

It emits once

then it won’t follow the player

1 Like

It doesn’t follow the player its a quick emit and expire

this would last for time

1 Like

okay

1 Like

You could attach a shield to the player (with the Attach behavior) then when a something has a collision with the shield destroy it

2 Likes

attacher blocks dont have collision. JR01 explained why in a meme he made

2 Likes

Right forgot because they can still be detected with proximity. A spawned object slight displayed is still the best method then

1 Like

This is my game. I want it so that the level 2 blue guy doesn’t die to the laser when facing right but does when he faces left.

1 Like