Hey all my flowlab peeps! Try my game?

Could you be so kind as to play my game and drop me a like? It would be super appreciated!!

March 27th

comments on how you found it and improvements would also be welcome

1 Like

Welcome to the community Sqwiggles!

I tested your game and here are a few suggestions

1. Create your own artwork. There’s nothing wrong with using the basics but it gives the game more of a personal look if the creator takes time to make their own.
  2. Add sounds. Though I do have my flowlab tabs on mute, it’s still nice to have some sounds, I think there is a library you can pull from.
  3. It’s a very basic platformer. Nothing wrong with a good platformer but if you are going to make one you should customize it instead of just having water and spikes as enemies add other things! Or you can make falling blocks or invis mazes
  4. Why the floating blocks. You can get away with having some blocks that are floating but having a bunch of floating blocks for no reason is just annoying and distracting. If you dont want to make them solid but also make them not floating, you can create sprites on the background layer that look like dirt or something.
3 Likes

For the love of platformers, PLEASE make the spike’s hitboxes polygon.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, I will take these into account!

1 Like

Yup, I realised very quickly that this is an issue, I shall correct this now. Thank you.

1 Like

Your text in the upper right is cut off

1 Like