How do i change my username to sigma02

How do i change my username to sigma02??

I believe you can change your own name, now. Just head to where your account information can be changed, and the option is there.

1 Like

Only indie-developers and above can.

Wait nevermind, free users can but only once.

Grazer (or anyone with moderation powers, really) can change a player’s name as many times as they’re willing to, technically. But there should be a limit on how often you’re allowed to ask, as I’m sure they have better more important stuff to do.

I have no desire to change my username anytime soon, I’ve been using it for years now and I like it. It’s short, simple, easy to tag. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My username is way too long, but I don’t want to confuse anyone so I’ll probably just keep it as is.

2 Likes

My username is just my real name :confused:

2 Likes

way to stay annonymous online… internet safetly really isn’t the same anymore

3 Likes

It was never really safe to use your real name online, but then everyone went and joined Facebook anyway. :man_shrugging:

Like, okay. Sure, go ahead and post your birthdate, address, and Social Security number too while you’re at it. Bank account, credit card numbers, mother’s maiden name… why not? What’s the worst that could happen? :crazy_face:

But then, the flip side of that is… even when you think you’re anonymous, you’re really not. I’ve had card numbers of mine stolen because I made the mistake of using a credit card at a retailer, then the retailer’s database got hacked. And any halfway decent hacker could probably trace my internet comments back through my ISP and find out at least my address and the name on the account (I suppose I could always use my neighbor’s wifi to avoid that, LOL, but that’s not a good idea either, because if their wifi is easy enough for me to use, that means anyone can access it).

I prefer to keep at least a minimum level of anonymity though, when I can. My username gives away next to nothing about me. And if someone were to find out my real name, they won’t find nary a Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. account of mine anywhere, because they do not exist (unless somebody else shares the same name as me, or has created a fake account under my name).

2 Likes