How Do I Make A Text System

https://flowlab.io/game/view/1630992 I need to make a text system, that, everytime i press enter, i changes the text, hides the old one, and i need it to hold more than just two pieces of text. I don’t know how to use the new text blocks as well. Any help?

1 Like

So you could use a Text List, and put each message in one element in the list. Use a number to store the “current message” and set it to 1. Then each time you press Enter, increment the number and get that element from your list to display.

2 Likes

Whatever that meant, do it.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Lol I helped none. I’m glad your issues are solved though!

Kinda hard to understand though. Could you maybe have a screenshot?

1 Like

Add 32 to a number block every time you press enter, and have the number block set the X.

Im so confused. Screenshot?

@glowbug @ManiacPumpkin

I’ve been summoned.
Recap please @meburningslime.

1 Like

He needs screenshots of an X coordinate lowering for a typewriter.

Either of these should work. Make sure to set the router behaviors to “increment”, also remember o always save the last spot for clearing the last line of text.

bbbb

2 Likes

@glowbug apply your bug tracker badge this instant!!!

How did you get such a big router?

Click it.

ᶦ⁻ᶦ’ᵐ ˢᵒʳʳʸ… ᶦ ᵖʳᵒᵐᶦˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ…

For the router you just click on it and change it’s output node amount or available routes.
Availible rounts

2 Likes

Don’t be sorry. You’re super helpful, when did you join? I haven’t seen you in 2019 or 2020. I just rejoined, I kinda forgot about flowlab.

1 Like

He was talking about me demanding he wear his medal lol

Oh, sorry. Also, am I supposed to do something in the blocks, like, click on some filter or something, cause its still not working.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure lol, I haven’t yet messed with the text blocks since I’ve been working on Till We Have Faces. @glowbug give us your wisdom