How do i make talking happen?

I need help with my game. its Here and i used alerts to make them talk but now i want to use actual objects so it looks good. Any help?

3 Likes

Try making an object that spawns when you want the talking to happen. The object should have an animation that shows the talking.

i was trying to but the text wont change properly

1 Like

Please specify your problem. In which part of the game does the text not change properly?

like i want it so that when you click continue, it show the next text

1 Like

Use the ‘MouseClick’ trigger. Attach the output on the trigger to the ‘Start’ input on the ‘Animation’ behavior.

If you want the sprite to be deleted after the talking is done, attach the output (Done) on the ‘Animation’ behavior to a Destroyer.

Yeah but it wont change text properly

1 Like

Did you make the animation correctly?

idk what you mean but i can try using text list

1 Like

I have no idea what texts or lists are but this is how to get to the animation editor:
Open the editor:

and animate the object to show the talking.

How exactly to you want the text to show?

you should definitely not use animations for text, instead you should use this

3 Likes

I know what animation is but i want each line of text to show after you click continue. (should have said that at the start) and a text list is a behaviour block holding multiple text values

1 Like

happy 100 views of this post

1 Like

Just make one object (1 blank color) and code in it; Mouseclick (As the trigger) attached to animation. I don’t know how to make the animations trigger more than two time though. Example: If I wanted two lines to show up then I could just code; Mouseclick, toggle switch, and an animation. That only works for two lines…

1 Like

thanks
‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’’

1 Like

Wait, you only need two lines to appear? I might know a way to use multiple Toggle Switches to allow multiple lines to show up…

1 Like

I know but its hard and i cant figure it out :frowning:
anyway I used the text list block and it worked but you get the solution thingy anyway.

1 Like

If my post wasn’t the solution, give it to someone else.

I’m happy that you could figure it out.

well thanks but no one else commented

1 Like