How do I make the graphics better?

So I’ve been making this game called “Kevin’s Search for his Brothers”, Which is basically a 2D platformer.
And I actually noticed something when making it, for some reason the pixels just seem more stretched out in game. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, here’s a side by side comparison between a dirt block in the sprite edit and in game:

dirt2
I don’t know If there’s a way for me to make it that it looks good in game, So if you have any solutions PLEASE let me know.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed this before and seen a few people complain about it, I don’t personally know the solution but maybe someone such as @JR01 would.

3 Likes

OH OH let me!

1 Like

I think it mostly gets stretched in the editor, but works in game. @Baron_Wasteland has actually looked more into it for his art.

This also could be a loading or rendering bug. I’ve had this happen a few times, but usually refreshing your browser page tends to help. It could be your internet or browser not aligning the pixels correctly.
Now if it doesn’t work and it seems to be a flowlab bug then sadly I don’t know any work around, cause the only time it ever effected me was a loading issue.

First of all, that sprite won’t look good in general, it’s just a few dark pixels. If it’s not 16x16 or 32x32 it will import at an odd size to make up for it.

I’ve been talking about this for ages, but it still keeps on happening. In game, every other pixel is just stretched. it’s just how the scaling works, the game view doesn’t preserve the pixel ratio very well

2 Likes