How do you get your character to collect coins?

Please help me, for I do not know.

I have put together a quick example here:

http://flowlab.io/game/view/10686

Basically, I just created a “coin” object, and a collision trigger to it, so that it plays a sound and disappears when the player touches it.

I added a collision trigger to the player as well, so that when he touches a coin, it increments a number that I named “coins”.

I also added the optional step of a text label so that the player can see how many coins have been collected.

Hope this helps,
-grazer

bob

Yay, this helped me a lot. Thanks, grazer!

what`s up

You collide into coins and the coins needs to be deleted if possible

@23gz4932 this post was from 2013, almost as far back as when I joined. Please stop posting on topics that arent relevant

What do you mean?

@23gz4932 it’s good that you’re trying to help out, but you are responding to very old threads that have been posted years ago. New users seem to make this mistake a lot, but remember that responding to dead threads probably won’t help anybody, rather it just pushes new threads down the line.

In other words, pay attention to how old topics are, and when they were last posted on. If the post hasnt had anything important commented within the last month or two, then its no longer relevant.

For example, Grazer has already taken care of the user, who doesnt even show up here anymore.