How do you make a top down enemy?

just wanna know for my game:crimson

random movement or
choose a location and start walking towards (wandering)
also, are you going to delete a game to make this? (just curious)

1 Like

What cailem said, it’s really easy. If you want it to move towards your player just give your player coords a global and pointat.

1 Like

no its sumthin called levels,rival.

What is it and you calling out rival? I saw that you titled someone this like a few different times now.

1 Like

mr @ManiacPumpkin SIR! I am reffering to @cailem02

But why do you call them rival?

well…HE CALLED MY GAME JAM SAD AND PATHECTIC JUST BECAUSE HIS WAS OFFERING INDIE THEN ROASTED ME AND THENRUBBED IT IN MY FACE! :rage: :rage: :confounded: :confounded:

ansd…HES A TOTAL JERK!!

Where did he say that at? Was it in a private message? If so do you think you could show me a screenshot of it or something.

He’s referring to the first few messages of my LevelUP Jam forum, definitely overexaggerating the events.

2 Likes

Yeah I see it now. I’m not gonna say cailem02 was in the wrong by saying it was sad when DWGAMEMASTER literally spammed the contest all over the forums and on discussions that didn’t relate to it at all.
Also it wasn’t all that organized and planned out. The challenge wasn’t even hard since the theme was “keep it blocky”. Technically any game would qualify since it’s all pixel art. Also there was no specific start date. So it was kinda who saw the post first had more time and wasn’t arranged quite well.
Also that’s like two whole months to make a game and I’m sure most people will get quite bored after the first few weeks making their game since they have literally all the time in the world. Game jams are supposed to be limited on time to keep competition and a decent challenge. So I don’t think that their contest was very well structured.

2 Likes

what do you mean by top-down enemy? What cailem02 was correct, do you want it to do something else?