How is This Sprite Stack?

I like to stick with the realistic theme. I don’t like to add an outline unless it’s needed.

2 Likes

This is awesome!!!
This sprite looks actually 3d, i love it

1 Like

Thanks! I might try and animate the the object more to try and give it more life and maybe make this into a fun little puzzle or defence game.

1 Like

Wait, how many objects were used to make this? 4?

1 Like

5 but it could be done in 2-3 if I really wanted to condense it down a ton.

1 Like

As free users, if needed, we should try to conserve objects. Although this tank is a very cool sprite, it would take 1/10th of your sprite storage to make.
Tip:
Don’t color a tank neon green, it stands out, even in grass.

It’s a cool stack though. Did you use the way I do it, or Pug’s way?

1 Like

Sup3r’s way and my own

2 Likes

Also you say this like I don’t know that lol. This was a test that’s all

3 Likes

One of the better Flowlab sprite stacks I’ve seen actually :+1: kind of even looks like voxels even.

And the outline is nice, I’m surprised it hasn’t been done more, it looks good (but I guess sprite stacking just isn’t a super popular genre, but it seems to be picking up a bit)

5 Likes

Looks fantastic, and the shadow is a nice touch! :+1:

7 Likes

Oh wow cool! Nice work!
Also I dont agree with the feedback, it looks kinda cartoony and looks awesome.
Please make a game with it.
Thanks @sup3r87 for making that extensive guide, truly a helpful milestone for flowlab, if that makes sense.

6 Likes

I added animation :smiley:

ezgif-3-679defee15

5 Likes

This was really simple all I did was check what layer the animation was on and assign it to a special animation. I play the animation with a single global for each of the four treads (on top only) to make it so they all play at once.

5 Likes

Wait, you switched a layer out for an animation layer? That’s pretty cool, I never learned how to do this.

2 Likes

I didn’t either I just guessed and used trial and error.

2 Likes

Ok, you can now make this sprite stack in three objects.

1 Like

Nice! What’d you do to change the original 5 objects?

Condense the visuals and the logic into the same sprite

1 Like

Looks great, love the shadow effect!

Thanks, but for future reference don’t reply to dead topics, I last posted on this topic 8 months ago

1 Like