How the player gets to the things we make

HOW PLAYER CAN BE FAST WHEN IT GETS AN ARTIFICIAL OBJECT ?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
PLEASE EXPLAIN :pray:

2 Likes

Whenever the player obtains this artificial object, increase the number that you’re outputting for speed. So if you’re sending a 6 into velocity, you can take a number block with a 2 in it and add it to that six.

As for what triggers the change, that shouldn’t really be an issue.

3 Likes

Okay so basically what he said is this:

1. Make a collision in the object (power up, I suppose), and set it to your player.
  2. Connect a destroy to that object, and then connect a message to that destroy. Name it whatever you want, but this name will have to be the same in the player’s mailbox. Set the message to your player.
  3. Click into your player’s Run and Jump bundle. Create a mailbox and 2 numbers (one positive, one negative). Name the mailbox the same thing you named the powerup’s message. Connect this to the positive number (preferably higher than your player’s regular speed) and the negative number (just the negative of the positive number), and connect the positive number to the positive number that comes before the velocity, and connect the negative number to the negative number that comes before the velocity.
    KABEWWWWWMMMMM!!!
    done.

But, wait, hihilogic! Why does this work?

Well, long story short, when you collide with this object the object destroys itself and sends a message to the player. When the player gets the message, it sets the number to move left to a more negative number, and the number to move right a more positive number.

(Also, when I say “select player”, I mean to go into the dropdown and select your player from the list)
((Also also, please request if you need a screenshot :upside_down_face:))

Thanks for listening to my TedTalk,
Masked Studios

2 Likes

Pick up example:

Then just make it increase speed after pick up.

3 Likes

please i want screenshot :pray:

1 Like