How to change name

I don’t know how to change my name to something else and I don’t see anything that lets me

2 Likes

You need indie to change your name.

3 Likes

You forget that the first name change is free. Name changes are only paid after that to stop bad actors from changing their identity to escape forum bans.

2 Likes

I haven’t changed my name yet and don’t know how

2 Likes

When you’re logged in, click on your name in the upper right corner. Then click on the “profile” button. On the next page, click on “edit profile”, and there you can change your username, as well as your email and password.

Be warned that you can only change your username once for free - unless you are an indie user, in which you can change your username every once in a while. Also, you’ll need to reenter your current password to confirm any changes, so be sure to remember it or have is saved in a secure place.

2 Likes

Well, the free name change isn’t actually true, there wasn’t one. I tried to do that when I was still a free account before. So you have to get Indie to change your name.

3 Likes

We had talked about making a single free change for free users, but I haven’t taken time to actually implement that yet, so for the moment only upgraded users have access to change their name.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

1 Like