How to do you do a 3d first person shooter?

dose anyone know how?

2 Likes

well i made an example but its hella bad, here you go:

not what i meant but thnx.

oh, a 3D first person shooter?? well um uh im pretty sure @JR01 or @yoann know about that stuff : /

oh when you go “@________” it notifies them right

1 Like

I’m working on one, and I think a few other folks are as well. Just know that it is a tremendous task, one that pushes Flowlab to its limits (Flowlab is mainly built for 2D games). Maybe Grazer will add 3D capabilities in the future, but for now doing a 3D FPS in Flowlab involves a lot of workarounds and creative behavior use.
That’s not to say you shouldn’t try it though; of course experiment and see what you can accomplish…
I could also link a few of people’s existing attempts to give a feel for what’s already been done.

2 Likes

i knew two realy good examples but there not there anymore

1 Like

so @thebrickccentric if you finish send me the link

1 Like

I certainly will, in the meantime here’s the link to what I have so far (it’s just the basics and I haven’t drawn / rendered the background yet, but the code is there for anyone to use).

I’m putting here because I’m working on something else right now and I don’t want you having to wait around for me (my memory is awful).

4 Likes

There is a lot way you can make a first person shooter using a 2d engine (like flowlab), but it takes time, like a lot!. So if you’re willing to take your time, i’ll gladly help you :grin:

4 Likes

thnx a looottt!!!

4 Likes

Here is one of my old raycaster: Flowlab Game Creator - FPS ( Raycaster )
tho I highly suggest that you only use my game as inspiration and to show you how to raycast.
It’s always better if you code it yourself :wink:

4 Likes

dude! I tip my hat to you!

3 Likes