How to have more than 50 sprites on free edition

so i’m making an undertale game and i ran out of sprites on the flowey fight and my textbox’s broke. How would i get more sprites

2 Likes

That last part of too much code is not true at all.
You can have all the code you need on the same object.
Matter of fact, JR01 made a full game with just one object.

You can save a lot of objects by using the same object for similar purposes, and just change what behaviors they should trigger based on individual properties like the Object’s name or or starting value.
You can use the extractor behavior and filters/text compares to check those properties.

But what just plainop said it’s also valid, Indie is worth it and you get access to more stuff too.
But if you need some more time before upgrading, then you can def apply some object Saving processes.
Even with Indie I like to use objects efficiently.

3 Likes

It’s not THAT insane either, you just have to use names and starting values (I think)

1 Like

you are not allowed to have more than 50 sprites. you need a membership in order to bypass it

You can just get the member ship once and create a new game then add as many new objects to it as you can then duplicate it many times so you can just edit way over 50 objects and have more than 3 games. So you only have to buy the membership once

and i thought you can use 5. not 3

With a free account you can own up to 3 games at once and join other development teams as a member. Each game you are allowed 50 objects for the 3 game layers.

With indie, you can create and own unlimited games, create unlimited objects in each of those games, and create infinite development teams. You also unlock some sick behaviors and audio.

sick behaviors and audio is a bit of an overstatement

or student accounts.