How to make a player break blocks

I’m making a tycoon/adventure/combat/cool fun game and I want the player to be able to break blocks JUST like Minecraft any ideas? what I mainly need is a game example because my dumb brain can write professional codes like other people do.

I also might need people like
@grazer and @JR01 to help do this

(Help me…please…just PLEASE… ill give ya a cookie :D)

Bruh why are u pinging grazer for a simple coding question like this

2 Likes

dude when I mean I’m dumb I’m dumb bro. my iq is below 20 IM NOT LYING and even though I been using Flow lab for one year now I stay got that average IQ. I DIDENT EVEN KNOW THAT WAS SIMPLE CODE LIKE TF? can you help though?

Well I mean it’s not the simplest thing, but it’s not worth pinging grazer or JR01, they are for really complex or obscure things. I can probably help in a while, but I have a lot of stuff to do rn

I need help making an Inventory too. And my iq is about 40-

i have a freind how made blocks break
Truce2017

I have a friend. Jk I have no friends. :slightly_frowning_face:

That’s also a joke I have lots of friends. I’m just gonna stop posting.

inventory is ez for me but giving the player the ability to break blocks nah

How do you want the player to break it? For it to only to break when its in front of the player, or with mousclick? Or something else entirely?

After answer the question above (breaking wherever the mouseclicks, only in front of the player, or something else entirely), I’m assuming you also want it so you need to hold down so it doesn’t break instantly

1 Like

Here is my game:

It has a breaking block system in all the blocks.
Its a little complex but not that hard.

yeah i want it like ka mouse click but holding for like 5 seconds

Mouse click but I also want it to hold then break so its basicley like minecraft then the item drops and the player can pick it up

okay let me tell you something when I tell you I’m dumb I am VERY dumb I am not good with this coding stuff can you make a fresh example game built for my goofy ahh brain I saw the code used to break the blocks but that’s ALOT and there’s a lot of useless stuff in code that I don’t need for my game like the controller thingy…(my game is a pc game not an Xbox game :0)

So basically for a simple understanding explanation:
(there’s to much useless code that’s kind of getting in the way with the crosshair code)

oh mmmm by the way For the spawn thingy in the behaivor code aka crosshair I only need 3 of them bc the only thing the player would be able to mine is Stone,Wood and wheat

Do you want it to happen in a certain radius?

mmm what you mean? by certain radius

1 Like

Like do you want the player to break the blocks from only 1 block away, or anywhere? How far can the player be from the block?

basically anywhere the player’s cursor hover over a block