how to make a random dungeon generator (Solved)

@glithctyrus lucky…

@meburningslime you are greatly mistaker my pain is of large amount

B?s (thats pizza in chinese no joke)

@glithctyrus I forced myself to learn a language indipentdent of school. Mine is worse, yet it’s still worth it.

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 11.00.19 PM

@meburningslime any progress?

Yes, would be a good thing to know @meburningslime .
Updated my room spawn thingy and would save me some time. What random generator method are you using anyway if I may ask? Binary tree, recursive, cellular? Just to get ready for it.

Appreciate the time you put into this :slight_smile:

@glithctyrus somewhat, check the wiki. I’ll finish it tomorrow.
@TinkerSmith I do what Jr 01 does and I don’t look up how to do it, so when I know how I’ll understand it completely. I find it effective.

@meburningslime @TinkerSmith do you have some thing yet?

Hiya @glithctyrus
Ok, here a little update. Might have some time this weekend to continue.

• Reworked the room spawning, got the @thebrickccentric 's approval, LOL.
  • Added a list array that allows to save dungeon sizes up to 10x10 (or 100 rooms, depends on how you configure it).
  • Added a room generator, at the moment based on the simple binary tree routine. Wanted to keep it simple for testing reasons.

The routine itself is based on my tinker here: Binary Tree Generator

Additional routines will be added regarding this very good reference: maze-generation-algorithms

And as mentioned, all with the feedback and help of @thebrickccentric
Still all buggy and does crazy things, so no public release yet.

Sneak peak, the inners of the 10x10 array:
array
Isn’t it beautiful :slight_smile:
As you can see the structure allows me to extend it to any room count I want. And I can use the lists for inventory systems or anything else I want to keep track of.

The room spawn routine, highly optimized and easy to adjust:
room spawn

And the generator part:
generator
As you can imagine, that will not be an easy copy/paste task to adjust it to other games. It’s nearly a game by itself, might actually turn it into one.
Side Note: The ‘Map read’ bundle does not only spawn the dungeon itself, it can also be used to update a mini map :slight_smile:

And as we say BUNDLE BUNDLE BUNDLE

hey @tinkersmith can you message me the link for testing?

Not yet, once it reaches that stage. Atm one needs to understand the bundle wierdness to use it, lol

You can change the title to (solved), LOL

Link is in my main thread http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/9168/tales-from-the-tinkershed#latest

Yes, buggy, but I thought still better than nilch provided by null