How to make dialogue?

For Team Super Blocky Racing, I attempted to dialogue for the cutscenes, but they would not work correctly, any way to fix it? To be more specific, I wanted to make the dialogue switch to another one without the labels overlapping.

4 Likes

Use a text list instead of labels, it saves a lot more time…

With a text list, type all the dialogue (each sentence) in your text list, then when you want to go to a new sentence add to a value that gets one on the text list, the output of one goes to the value of the label.

Find the code in the interface object → text box.

2 Likes

I actually did do that but the labels would overlap even though I set it so that the label will become invisible after you press next.

3 Likes

Labels can’t overlap if you put al your text in a text list- because you’re only using one label to make the dialogue (if you’re doing it right).

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.43.13 PM

2 Likes

okay, ill try again, thanks

2 Likes

if it continues not to work send me a PM via forums with the link and I could check it out.

2 Likes

Okay, will do, thanks so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anytime, I’ll admit that dialogue isn’t the easiest thing to make; very time consuming.

2 Likes

sooo, i tried it and i failed, i was trying to make the text slowly appear like someone was typing it and it wasn’t working. while trying to use the text list thing.

2 Likes

Send me the link if you want, you don’t have to but I think I can help.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi I know you posted this comment a while but I want to create a set dialogue between two characters but I doń know how to do it.

I know how to.
@elacchia

Oh great can u plz explain it?

1 Like

maybe with pictures lol

1 Like

@elacchia

1 Like

thank you sooooo much you literally saved my game

1 Like

Your welcome, glad to help

just a question how do i make it so the labels dont appear until someone clicks the space bar cause the way i have it set up all the labels are already there.

1 Like