How to make different skins for an object?

He wants it so that when you beat the game you change your skin OR that you select a skin from a skin menu

2 Likes

This could be a possible route, but it’s just easier to use frames in one animation as skins (the easiest route). To do this, you get a number, and connect it to the go to input on the animation. Basically, this just goes to that number frames.

Note that the first frame is 1 NOT 0.

1 Like

yes, but what if the different skins have animations? Then you’d have to use a router (my preferred choice), or filters (a little more complicated)

1 Like

Yep, that’d work, but at that point you’d have so many animations, and it’d just be best for a parent object to control skins of different objects by then.

To do that he first needs to make differennt skins to work, I dont see a way to swap skins/characters or even a store.

4 Likes

ive got two skins already, how do i switch between the two

1 Like

Routers or filters :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I dont see the skins, are they different objects or just different animations?
Also you may need to play your game outside the editor for it to save.

1 Like

i have to go everyone, i’ll check back on this post tomorrow, maybe then it wont be as confusing
:sweat_smile::+1:

2 Likes

before you say anything else, look at this example:

@JR01 bruh :upside_down_face:
T’was a joke

I see the animation now, but its hard to show the best way to do it with your code…
I really suggest to use bundles so its much easier to see through the code, but regardless

Here’s my idea that you can do. Since there is 2 animations for every skin, it would be best to separate the down and up outputs for each skin that you make. The “any key” will let you select a skin by typing in the number on the keyboard.

2 Likes

After you beat the game, attach an object with the rocket animations to go over the player that activate when hold the up/W button.

1 Like

my friend made a game with skins a while back, if you still need help, you should check it out

2 Likes