How to make your character hold something/rotate

I’m trying to get my character to hold a gun, using this code image
but it’s not working. any ideas on how to improve?
(the extractors are constantly extracting the players x and y)
(that part is solved^)
So now how do I rotate/flip the gun if its pointing in this direction, to make it look normal??image

2 Likes

No, they are not :upside_down_face:
It says “this x” and “this y”, meaning it’s extracting its OWN position. You have to click the dropdowns in the object to select a specific object (can’t just select an object type), and viola. Things.

2 Likes

thanks a lot!
i thought i did select the player but it must have not saved.
it works now :smiley:

2 Likes

So basically, if the blocks still say “this x” or “this y”, you did something wrong :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, you have to click all the OKs and click the play button in order for it to save :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

lol it still says “this x and y”
but it still works :thinking:

2 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

i have another question, should i make a new post, or continue here?

2 Likes

yes, but i need to go RN cuz I’m in algrebra

1 Like

Ok, I’m available now. Algebra so easy I finish everything before we’re ten minutes in :upside_down_face:

1 Like

alright, so how would i flip the gun around when it is upside down, or when the player is facing another direction :persevere:

2 Likes

Use the flip block (found in properties), and select the setting that sets it to the vertical axis. Extract the object’s rotation, and put it through a filter, so that when it goes above or below a certain number you can flip it or flip it back.

1 Like

Also, attach messages to the flips of the player, one L, one R, and send them both to the attached object. Put mailboxes in the object according to the message names in the player, and connect those to a flip, but don’t set this flip on the vertical axis.

1 Like

i tried doing that, but it doesn’t work like i wanted it to.image

1 Like

Gtg for now, I’ll give you the solution in a bit :upside_down_face:
I have a test, wish me luck!

1 Like

for the end of school right? me too lol

1 Like

Nope :upside_down_face:
The beginning of school.

2 Likes

You can use the Attacher block