How to stop my character from continuously moving?

I’m trying to figure out how to stop my character from moving without me pressing the key,
I set left and right to a and d and I click them once and the character continuously move’s even if my finger is off the key

1 Like

What kind of game are you making? Is it a platformer or top-down game? If you share the link that would be helpful.

My guess is that you turned off “affected by gravity” so the player isn’t pulled to the ground anymore. That causes the player to float over the ground without any friction. But if it’s a top-down game you have to set the velocity to 0 after you stop holding down a key.

1 Like

THANK YOU, YOUR A GOD SEND,
its kinda in the middle

hi ive been looking for someone to tell me the problem for this im new to game developing and i dont know to set the velocty to 0 after ive got the basic movement done but i dont know what to do to stop my character from moving

Um, this is a year old discussion. I would recommend not gravedigging old discussions.

ok sorry did not know that as i said im pretty new.

1 Like

It’s okay, just try not to make it much of a habit. Also I would recommend making a new topic if you have trouble with something and someone is sure to help out.

Latif doesn’t usually get on the forums anyway, unless there’s a topic dedicated to saying “hi latif”

Latif is dead anyways.

excuse me what the F[censored]

you may be right about that

2 Likes

I may be

If you can’t read this I know you’re lying

Wait, did Latif block you or something? I know something like that happened a while back ago, not sure if it was him or not, but I remember someone pretending to ignore you.

Latif always pretends he can’t read my texts or even see my name. I’m getting to the point that I’m gonna take drastic measures like hacking, vpns etc.

[insert joke about hakker 2 here]

Bruh lol
Anyways I hate it cause I really liked him and admired his skill until he started doing this to me 4 no reason.

1 Like

Wait, a minute…

That’s illegal, lol.

I would just pm the crap out of him until he responds. I know its probably a joke, but this has been going on for a long time so I’m not sure what all happened between you two for him to completely diss you like that, but it seems very sus.

Ikr, and it’s NOT that he can’t read it since I made 2 alt accounts and he still couldn’t read it

It’s like I cannot see deleted comments.