How would id do a live chat bar?

How would i make a chat bar and make built in commands for it, if i were to say /killallplayers, then it would do so(on a certain authority of course)

also how would i change the rotation and/or size in the editor, i have seen it mentioned but i cant seem to figure out how.

Chat bars and command inputs are not yet possible. It MIGHT come in the next update, which is a datatype update, or something like that.

1 Like

@MetaNinja, Correct.

1 Like

Yeah I never understood why we don’t have text boxes yet. Maybe @grazer will add them some time. He’s got a lot of pressure on himself since he’s making the new update though.

@MetaNinja, But about commands input. There needs to be a user id behavior so if you have the same user id you will get extra coins or skins!

And this is possible because each user in flowlab.io has an id!

\/

example: https://flowlab.io/users/profile/215451

What do you think @grazer

2 Likes

lol being able to make a game that doesn’t let certain people play would be so funny, I’d prank my friends so much

3 Likes

Thats a great idea

1 Like

Text boxes I’ve found; are possible, actually. But it’d take MONTHS upon months of continuous coding and a character limit would have to exist. Each module would cause loads of lag because of the immense amount of commands being inputted. But I’ve tested it out before; it is possible.

4 Likes

JR_01 would probably do it in a week or two ngl

3 Likes

lol it’s not that it’d be very difficult to do; just repetitive as hell. It’d be a mammoth of a system, too. A 300 character limit would be 300 bundles with at least 26 bundles inside of them for each letter.

1 Like

Doing what your asking doesn’t seem hard at all, it looks really simple. All you need is a trigger for each letter you want (26 or 27 if you want / to be there, It can be less if you don’t use things like z, x, y, etc) Then what you want to do is when you input the trigger it goes into a spawn block that sends a message to the item it will spawn. That spawn block will spawn a letter (a block with animations that will change depending on the message it gets), after the letter is spawned it will send a message back to the main spawning block were it will update the position of the letter spawned. If the correct combination of letters are placed down then you can have it execute a command after clicking enter. That should be what you’re looking for, if you have any questions just ask and I’ll be happy to answer.

1 Like

About the character id’s, because flowlab doesn’t have an actual command for specific players I’m not sure how you could make one person get it but not another. The only think I can think of is sending that person a code personally where they can then input it and get something (skins, coins, etc). If you somehow missed my first reply I explained how to add text boxes easily, it would still be kinda long, but it’s actually simple if you know what to do.

1 Like

Sir this is a year old post

2 Likes

Exactly. Perhaps, @CodeAlpaca, you should try looking at the creation date. That might answer your questions.

1 Like

oh didn’t realize idk how i missed that

1 Like

Sir this post never dies, I’m called the undying for a.reason mother f*died xD

Also it is possible for a command to be entered using the flowlab text example and reading the command using text comparison.

yo wasup thanks for the info bro

1 Like

It’s very possible. I’ll send a screenshot later, I’m busy right now