Hurray, a survey!!

@CrimsonBlackGames It’s the truth, can’t do anything about it.

I don’t understand why flowlab is so dead, grazer deserves more.

I’ve been around for 4 years, and there were never more than 10 active forum users at a time, if even. Most of them were very young and didn’t understand how to use flowlab so they eventually quit, because they didn’t like their games. We had a handful of really good game creators as well, but I have no idea why some of them left. A few guys I haven’t seen in a while are @muddyapples and @leonknighte, who were pretty big on the forums last year. They may still be around, but I never see them make topics. The thing is, we need people to want to be active, so we need an active community, but we can’t seem to get an active community, because people don’t want to be active. It’s like trying to get a first job at a place that wants 2 years experience, but you can’t get experience if nobody will hire you.

Flowlab does deserve better, grazer has more than earned it. I’d love to get my game working real nicely and use it to advertise flowlab to people with Facebook ads. For $50, I can run an ad for 50 days at $1 a day, and hopefully 12,000-33,000 people will see it.

Here’s a good example of advertising. Male age 16-28 in the United States, interested in Video Games, Technology, Music, and Smartphones.
12,000 to 33,000 people might see this ad over the next 50 days and join flowlab.
This would be how I would try to help grazer out, once my game is worth promoting.

a

@“Mhx Ar”

Columbia high school.

@CrimsonBlackGames Oh, you’re lucky. You’re on the nice side of Florida. South Florida sucks.

@“Mhx Ar”

What part of south Florida?

North Port @CrimsonBlackGames

Huh… lake city for me

So the forum activity isn’t really indicative of users overall - for some reason very few users actually interact on the forums at all. Maybe the forum just sucks? I dunno, I wish more people would try coming here for help instead of emailing me directly :frowning:

Oh, right, I forgot you had an email just for this.

Anyway, Id like to say, I think the forums are just as lively as ever. It feels welcoming. We dont have any toxic people (although I might count myself as one), and you can pretty much do anything 2D here.

The reason I have the game dev discord was to have a real time alternative, so if someone wanted to ask a quick question without creating a whole new thread (or gravedigging), they could refer to that, where comments are much more disposable

See, I don’t like vanilla forums. I like bb forums. There’s no organization here. It’s basically a postboard. With bb forums, I’d have lots of categories and subforums for tutorials, bugs, already asked questions archive, game examples, and try my game. Yeah, we have categories in vanilla, they’re on the side of the screen as tabs. However, everyone thinks the all posts tab is all there is, and they don’t know how to search. People don’t know how to use vanilla and so there’s too many repeat topics.

As for emails, make a button on the contact us tab for “ask for help on the forums” instead of chatting. Some people don’t even know what forums are.

OK guys i’m sorry even if it isnt my fault but basicly i cant connect to internet in my computer so i havent been that active lately… I’m trying to fix it every single day but isnt working… I will be back when i solve this… I will do the survey and once again sorry for being inactive

@PixelPizza it’s fine. I can’t work on my games til my phone data resets. I’m out of hotspot. I’m just posting on my phone.

@“Mhx Ar” like I have so many ideas and things i want To do … I have lots of paper on my desk with Sketchs because i cant progress the game… ITS FRUSTATING… But I know when i get this fixed … Awakening will get a really nice update… And btw my bosses have been simples and easy To kill because they are the first ones i cant do dificult ones now… :wink: Soon

@PixelPizza same. When I can’t get online, I’m making sprites and taking notes of ideas.

OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I DID IT!!! IM BACK GUYS!!! YASSSSSS

Welcome back

w00t

._.

back too I guess

done, btw I just made a new developer join.