I made a quick project, can I have some constructive criticism?

1 Like

Hello again, @JosiahBarnes

Please keep to one topic. It clogs up the categories if you make this many.

Thank you,
-Ember.Y

2 Likes

yeah, sorry, I thought i deleted the other post.

1 Like

Nice game! Here are my suggestions after playing all the levels (mostly for quality of life):

• Make it so that the player stops moving when you take your finger off the keyboard by putting the number 0 in the Number behavior into the Velocity behavior that makes the player move.

• Add a flip behavior so that the player turns around when you go left

• Add a simple player animation (you’re using one of the default human characters, so in the same browse menu you got that sprite from, you can create a new animation and add those frames).
    To program this, you connect the “down” output of the Keyboard behavior (both of the player movement ones) to an Animation behavior’s “play” input. Next, connect the Keyboards’ “up” output to the Animation’s “stop” input, and there you have it.

• Maybe make the door sprite a closed door, and it opens when the player touches it. Unless of course you want the door to be left open on purpose.

• NAME YOUR OBJECTS
    you will thank me later!

• Change the fullscreen setting to “Letterbox”. This will make the game look bigger when in fullscreen instead of just being the same size. Also, if you want to learn (more) about any behavior, click it and then click the green help button. This will give you an explanation in both text and video form.

1 Like

How do I delete this topic?

1 Like

You can’t since it has been replied to. Only way for a topic to be deleted after that happens is asking the mods to do so, which you can do by attempting to delete this topic only to be granted a dialog that tells you to message the mods for a topic deletion request.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. I think that once it has been replied to you can’t delete it. The only way for a topic to be deleted after that happens is by asking the mods to do so, which you can do by attempting to delete this

2 Likes