I want an Idea for a game! Help!

Hi, Im baconcat, and I wanna make a new game, but idk where to start, I will use polls to help you vote for what I should do, Thanks!

Game Theme
  • Space
  • Lab
  • Underwater
  • World (Ground, Underground, Etc)
  • Forest
  • Ice/Snow

0 voters

Game Type
  • Platformer
  • Top Down (Grid Movement)
  • Top Down (Free Movement)
  • Puzzle
  • Shooter
  • Avoider (Think Dodging bullets)

0 voters

Game Size
  • Large
  • Big
  • Med
  • Small
  • Tiny

0 voters

Music
  • Lofi
  • 8-Bit
  • Dark
  • Happy
  • Chill

0 voters

Thansk for Voting, Any other suggestions on goals or Things you do/fight in game can be commented below, Thanks!

2 Likes

(Ill wait until there are more than like 3 votes on each to see which ones win)

2 Likes

Yes.

Yes.

Massive.

Random depending on level.

:grin:

Sorry, not helpful, I know. But I cannot be forced to choose only one style of game to declare as “the best,” because all different types of games have potential to be awesome. I say make them all!

ahem Okay, perhaps that is overly ambitious, and you can only make one at a time. I fully understand and respect that.

In that case… make the one that you personally will be most enthusiastic about making at the current time. Because no project is worth working on (nor will it be particularly good) unless your heart is in it!

Just my two cents.

3 Likes

Yknow what I respect that, Ill take your 2 cents and buy a candy bar (: Thanks

4 Likes

LOL seriousness though, I like so many different types of game themes. Space, lab, underwater, world, forest, snow? They’re all fun!

Again with game type. My favorite are role playing games, but I can appreciate a role playing shooter just as much as I can appreciate a role playing hack and slash or a role playing turn based game. Many of the games I enjoy also incorporate platform and puzzle elements as well.

As for size, I always go with big. I like games that are infinitely replayable.

And the music should fit the mood of whatever the game is. Happy chill if it’s a happy chill game. If it’s supposed to be scary, then go full dark horror music. If it’s a mixed game… say your character is in a happy town to buy supplies from the friendly villagers, then happy chill music. But if your character is going down into a dungeon to battle demons or something, the happy chill music might not be appropriate. Unless… you’re doing it intentionally to throw people off. :grin:

2 Likes

Looks like we’ve come to a consensus :rofl:

3 Likes

welp lol

2 Likes

ooh I just had an Idea, Ill combine them all! (them all being all of the ones yall chose)

1 Like

Lab and Space
Puzzle Shooter (Top down)
Med
Lofi Dark and Chill
(yes its not all but its interesting)

3 Likes

Bruv, this is literally puzzle among us.
:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

lol yea Wow

1 Like

Good combination!

Only reason I couldn’t choose one is because I have multiple conceptual ideas for each option.

Space - this one has nearly infinite possibilities. Space as in… “Star Trek” space? A mostly friendly coalition exploring new planets and trying to benefit all of both human and alien kind? “Star Wars” space? Different factions fighting over control of the galaxy? “Survival” space? Attempting to create a new colony for humankind to survive on in a hostile environment? Colony building? Mining? Fighting aggressive alien species? All of the above?

Lab - also nearly infinite possibilities. Space lab? Or an earth based lab where they have accidentally opened a portal to other dimensions or traveled through time? A lab where they have accidentally created a super virus, or a super mutant species, or re-cloned dinosaurs, or an advanced robotic AI that has escaped and is hell bent on killing everyone? Combination of the above?

Underwater - pure survival in real world conditions? Or otherworldly? Did the underwater facility spring a leak and the life boats have failed, or did a submarine accidentally stumble upon the Loch Ness monster? Or both?

There are literally an infinite number of possibilities that can be created, and that is exactly why I love video games. Because we are limited only by our imaginations.

1 Like

I just voted!

while ur all here, care to join me and my friends? Flowlab Game Creator - Multiplayer

1 Like

I’m new here and my Flowlab skills are still in their infant stages, so I doubt I’d be of any help to you right now. Give me some time to hone my (lack of) skills, then I’ll be happy to help contribute to collaborative projects. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ooh ok, Im just saying join the link and play a fun game I made with my friends

1 Like

Might be w alittle loud, just a warning

I can do that. :+1:

1 Like

who else is going deaf…

1 Like

XDDD

1 Like