I Want Candy - Now available to download from the App Store (iOS)

Hi,

I’ve built and released a new game using Flowlab’I Want Candy’that’s now on the App Store.

I wanted to see the leaderboard in action as I need to use it on another project so I worked up an old demo.

Here’s the link if you would like to check it out:https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/i-want-candy/id1269287917?mt=8

Here’s the link to the Flowlab version to see the leaderboard logic: http://flowlab.io/game/play/5880 There’s a leaderboard button on the homepage and a leaderboard on the game over page that have a node of logic to display the leaderboard with an id. This id also matches the one in iTunes Connect you input when you set up the leaderboard there. Usually the id is: domain.gamename.hiscore. There’s also a node connected to the high score logic, this only connects if the high score has been beaten. This updates the high score in the Apple Game Center.

The leaderboard seems to be working, if you notice any bugs please shout! I put a timer on the game so you have to grab that top candy!

ios-screenshot-7

ios-screenshot-4

candy-icon-1024x1024-v1

MA

Man you’re on a roll with the apps…

What do you use to make your graphics?

I’m trying to get a few games out there using Flowlab, keeping them simple for now.

With the new admob and Game Center being added to Flowlab it’s awesome, plus the save function which wasn’t part of the original Flowlab release is mega. The new features have incentivised me for sure.

I use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create my graphics, I sometimes use Graphic River for sprites (depending on the commercial license fee) and the odd graphic bundle if it comes with a commercial license.

could i just ask how come your graphics are so nice and crisp do you use something like photo shop or something i like to know and try make my games look better thanks

@“Al Brooks”
3 things:
This is a dead topic from last year. Please post only on things that are still relevant.

If you had read the thread, you would see that he used adobe illustrator and Photoshop.

You may also want to create a thread that asks people what they use for spriting instead

Those are called Vector graphics @“Al Brooks” - you can use something like Adobe Illustrator, or the free version called InkScape