I want to concat two string!

Hello, How can I concat or split a text ? for example;
in a text box a number is written and ı want to split them with “,” but how can I do it?

for example; 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1 …

3 Likes

Hi, welcome to Flowlab!
In order to split text, you’ll need to use the “Split” input on the Text behavior. So in the case you showed, if you input “,” into the “Split” input the output would be a Text List (green output) that looked like this
[32 | 16 | 8 | 4 | 2 | 1]
The ","s there are just to separate the numbers. I’ll send over a screenshot of what I mean in a second

2 Likes

The output will be in the form of a Text List. Lists can be pretty confusing at times, so if you need any help with it you can @CodeAlpaca and I’ll see what I can do.

4 Likes

To concat a string you can use the + input for a text behavior

A nice setup so you can concat multiple time would be to have two inputs in two different text blocks, an output as a separate block, have the two inputs add to the output block, and an empty 4th block that “sets” the output to blank whenever you want to start a new string.

If you want to have an unlimited concating system then you can have the inputs use “push” in a text list. This’ll add it into the end of the list, and when you want to join all of the strings in the list together, you can use the “join” input. This will output a string that has everything you put into the list as one. It matters what you use to activate the join input, as it will put the string or number in between each item in the list.
For example, if you had a list:
[I] [love] [flowlab]
And you input a 1 into the join input, the output would be
I1love1flowlab
So you could also input " " – a space – to make if look right:
I love flowlab
Or if you had a list like:
[1] [2] [3] [4]
You could input ", " – a comma and then a space – to have an output like:
1, 2, 3, 4

1 Like